Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:02 PM

354 posts, read 1,217,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhurst View Post
Any thoughts about Chapel Hill vs. Wake Forest/Hasentree? My husband thinks we should explore Chapel Hill before making final decision.

Thanks!
Last year I had decided to move to Wake Forest, but it didn't happen. So now I am looking in Chapel Hill and SW Durham . A lot more convenient.

Check out Chancellor's view by Koven Construction.

Kovens Construction

Obviously Governor's Club.

Real Estate Chapel Hill North Carolina Homes, Luxury NC Real Estate, Governors Club Realty

And Maida Vale which is right on the border of Chapel Hill in SW Durham. I am going to be checking these places out this weekend.

Maida Vale

Last edited by ch123; 11-02-2007 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 PM

90 posts, read 367,045 times
Default Chapel Hill vs. Wake Forest/Hasentree?

What is the feeling in the Governor's Club community...do people want to get to know their neighbors? Also, I found Wake Forest near Hasentree to have a lot to offer my children as far as their interests (horseback riding; jazz, hip hop, tap, and drama) are concerned. Does anyone know the availability and quality of such offerings and facilities in the Chapel Hill area?

How do the Chapel Hill public schools compare with a privage school such as Ravenscroft?

Thank you.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 PM

58 posts, read 360,730 times
Default Our experience

We made an offer on a home in Chapel Hill before we ended up in Hasentree. Our primary motivation was the schools, which are nationally acclaimed. Then we found the tax rate -- higher than California!! I must have done the calculation 12 times before I finally figured out I had done it correctly the first time. The house we found also turned out to have a fairly substantial drainage problem in the back, and the combination killed the deal.

Governor's Club is in Chapel Hill, but not in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro school district. The area is beautiful and unique. I looked at several homes and had a very frank conversation with a resident who stated that half the residents went to public and half to private. The schools are fine I'm sure, but you aren't going to get Chapel Hill/Carrboro or Ravenscroft experiences. It threw me enough that we moved on to the next options.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:18 PM

Chapel Hill has the best school district in NC bar none. Seeing that you have 3 young kids, the property taxes that you would pay in Chapel Hill would be a bargain compared to paying fees for a private school for them.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
What is the feeling in the Governor's Club community...do people want to get to know their neighbors? Also, I found Wake Forest near Hasentree to have a lot to offer my children as far as their interests (horseback riding; jazz, hip hop, tap, and drama) are concerned. Does anyone know the availability and quality of such offerings and facilities in the Chapel Hill area?

How do the Chapel Hill public schools compare with a privage school such as Ravenscroft?

Thank you.
If I had to choose between Hasentree and Governor's Club- I would go for Hasentree. This is based on the overall look and feel of the community. You can pick up choice lots in Hasentree as it is just starting out, whereas in GC there are very few lots left that are desirable/buildable.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:31 PM

90 posts, read 367,045 times
Default Hasentree Lots

That is a good point about Hasentree and the situation with building lots. Do you know what the quality of the K-12 schools is in the Hasentree/Wake Forest area?

Thanks.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
That is a good point about Hasentree and the situation with building lots. Do you know what the quality of the K-12 schools is in the Hasentree/Wake Forest area?

Thanks.
I believe that they are Wake County schools (it's near the Granville county line (schools aren't that great) but I don't know if any parts of Hasentree would go there).....the schools are very good in this area.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Thanks.
Sorry, can't help you there. I don't live in the area. Just looking to move there. Tho I have visited these communities during my visits to the Triangle. My kids are all grown up so never looked at the schools in the area.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Quote:

Thanks.
Hasentree is designated to North Forest Pines elementary, wakefield middle and wakefield high school. My daughter attends and we really like it. It is a new school, year round. If you do not want the year round option, then the school is wake forest elementary. Wake forest elementary is currently a magnet school but will lose its magnet status in 2 years.

Leigh

Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM

7 posts, read 28,096 times
Hasentree isn't close to the Granville County line. The whole subdivision is in Wake County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary