Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 PM

821 posts, read 1,461,543 times

Advertisements

You know, I try to see the best in people, but I do have to agree with the OP on this one - there are times when I'm in that store that I can't get away quickly enough. I think the main problem is that too much is packed into too little of an area, and as crowded as it can get (especially on Sundays and late afternoons), people are constantly bumping into each other. I'm an apologizer, and I find myself issuing apologies seconds after I go through the door. I don't notice it so much at the Cary store, but I still do notice it.
That said, the employees at the Cary store are some of the nicest people I've encountered (in my experience).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 06:15 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
I have to say I've encountered the most scowl faced, unfriendly people at WF compared to HT, Lowe's etc. Maybe they're unhappy paying those prices for healthy foods hence the crabbiness? The Wade Ave location has much more harried, cranky customers than the Cary location IME, but I've only been to Wade during mid-day when people are probably going during lunch with limited time. And the lines in that store during lunch. OMG.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangogh121 View Post
... one housewife sort of lady bashed my ankles with her cart, and just ignored what she had just done. I wonder if these behaviors are present at locations nationwide, but it doesn't speak well of the whole environment of a natural foods store, ha.
Pepper spray 'em once and they'll probably never do it again!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM

843 posts, read 2,099,721 times
I thought it was only the Broad St Durham store people where like that. Its the pressure between the super tiny parking spots and the cramped store. Its a little better with the addition, but not much!

If its crowded I cant even park there. I have a pick up and it sticks out into the lane and is almost on both side lines! Like 4 inches on each side. Good thing there's a lot of Prius and Mini Coopers there...lol

Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
The Durham store is just ridiculously cramped. I don't notice any particular rudeness at the Cary one, and Trader Joe's is just overly crowded just about all the time.

I have to say though - this is at least something new to complain about here on the forums!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:54 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
I find most people at whole foods to be very pleasant. In fact I find the employees to be much more helpful than any other store I've ever shopped at.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,179,883 times
I have NEVER noticed this at the North Raleigh location! In fact, the people are just TOO damn friendly and Chatty-Cathy. The workers really get on my nerves - CASHIER: "Oh, you've got buttermilk! What are you cooking?" ME: "Nothing. CASHIER: "So you just drink buttermilk? Wow..." Ugggggghhhh! I don't need a COMMENTARY about my beverage choice! >

Having said all of that, the CUSTOMERS are fine for the most part. I think it's because there is quite a bit of unhealthy, greasy food on the hot bar making everybody happy (this could be another post by itself!).

Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
The workers really get on my nerves - CASHIER: "Oh, you've got buttermilk! What are you cooking?" ME: "Nothing. CASHIER: "So you just drink buttermilk? Wow..." Ugggggghhhh! I don't need a COMMENTARY about my beverage choice! >
I HATE when cashiers do that. I mean I don't mind if they ask if some product is good or say, "Oh, I love those cupcakes." But to ask detailed questions - no way. Funny story - I was in a grocery store several years ago (Giant for those from the DC area) purchasing a pregnancy test. I couldn't believe it, but the cashier actually asked me, "Oh, so you think you're pregnant?" I was shocked - I didn't know how to answer her - "Well I'm not sure, hence the purchase!" Then I look up to see the mother of one of my daughter's classmates standing not 2 feet away. Talk about embarrassing!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,305,726 times
I never have a problem at the North Raleigh location. Then again, it isn't cramped like the one on Wade Avenue. Any fellow customer I've interacted with has been very nice, and the employees go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. "Big Al" is especially nice - he always greets me by name and with a hug. I always look forward to shopping there.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,831 times
I really don't think there are specific supermarkets that rude people gravitate to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary