Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM

310 posts, read 1,711,667 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of nice cozy coffee shop in North Raleigh? Preferably within 5 miles of North Hills mall.
I am looking for a place to have a nice cup of coffee and good conversation atmosphere. I am tired of all those stupid Starbucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,187,543 times
I don't know if the location is convenient to you, but you might want to check out The Percolator. I have a friend who goes to a weekly networking group held in their backroom. He seems to like the place.

The Percolator : Coffee Shop in North Raleigh, NC : Serving Genuine Cup-A-Joe Coffee

5039 Falls of Neuse Road (Quail Corners Shopping Center)
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
phone: 919-713-0007

Description:

The Percolator is a cafe offering a variety of Cup-A-Joe coffees, teas, fresh food and baked goods. We provide free wireless (wi-fi) internet access for all of our patrons. The Percolator encourages our visitors to host events in our spacious back room, such as social groups, art exhibits, book discussions, live music, movies and more...feel free to promote and organize your next gathering on our events board at upcoming.org.

Eidit: Now that I think of it, this might be a great place for a future citi-data meet-up!

Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 PM

310 posts, read 1,711,667 times
Thanks NRG..

Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 PM

306 posts, read 1,189,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I don't know if the location is convenient to you, but you might want to check out The Percolator. I have a friend who goes to a weekly networking group held in their backroom. He seems to like the place.

The Percolator : Coffee Shop in North Raleigh, NC : Serving Genuine Cup-A-Joe Coffee

5039 Falls of Neuse Road (Quail Corners Shopping Center)
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
phone: 919-713-0007

Description:

The Percolator is a cafe offering a variety of Cup-A-Joe coffees, teas, fresh food and baked goods. We provide free wireless (wi-fi) internet access for all of our patrons. The Percolator encourages our visitors to host events in our spacious back room, such as social groups, art exhibits, book discussions, live music, movies and more...feel free to promote and organize your next gathering on our events board at upcoming.org.

Eidit: Now that I think of it, this might be a great place for a future citi-data meet-up!

Wow, that is so nice of you to volunteer to coordinate the next CD meet-up!! I think that is a great idea. HEY, EVERYONE did you hear that?? NRG is setting up the next CD meet-up!!

It's ok, when I get there next year I will set one up too, ok??

Char

Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM

460 posts, read 1,765,562 times
Awww, that place looks cool! Any places like it in the Durham/Chapel Hill area?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChar View Post
Wow, that is so nice of you to volunteer to coordinate the next CD meet-up!! I think that is a great idea. HEY, EVERYONE did you hear that?? NRG is setting up the next CD meet-up!!

It's ok, when I get there next year I will set one up too, ok??

Char
Very funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurl View Post
Awww, that place looks cool! Any places like it in the Durham/Chapel Hill area?
I bet Chapel Hill and Durham both have some great coffee places. I don't know those areas as well to make recommendations, but hopefully somebody else will chime in on that.

Another nice coffee place in N. Raleigh is Wake up Wired, but it isn't near North Hills Like the OP requested. I like Wake Up Wired because they have organic coffee.

Welcome to Wake up Wired

Another great coffee place but closer to downtown in the Five Points area is "Thrid Place". I usually go there when we catch a movie at the Rialto.

The Third Place : a coffee house : 1811 Glenwood Avenue (Five Points) : Raleigh, North Carolina (http://www.thirdplacecoffee.com/ - broken link)

Old 11-01-2007, 08:39 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,489,524 times
Not in Raleigh - yet - but a great choice for someone looking to open a shop via a franchise is Daily Grind. They are upscale and feature free wireless for geekwannabees like me.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,000,674 times
I think you will find that most indy coffee shops in Raleigh will offer wireless as an incentive to dump Starbucks.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:27 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,071,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Another nice coffee place in N. Raleigh is Wake up Wired, but it isn't near North Hills Like the OP requested. I like Wake Up Wired because they have organic coffee.

Welcome to Wake up Wired
I liked this place a lot, but it mysteriously closed just a couple of weeks ago, and the place is completely empty now. I ran into one of the baristas, who is now working at NY Bagel Deli, and even she didn't know what happened. She said the owner called her on a Sunday night to tell her they were closing and she no longer had a job. She said the next morning the place was already empty.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I liked this place a lot, but it mysteriously closed just a couple of weeks ago, and the place is completely empty now. I ran into one of the baristas, who is now working at NY Bagel Deli, and even she didn't know what happened. She said the owner called her on a Sunday night to tell her they were closing and she no longer had a job. She said the next morning the place was already empty.
Thanks for the update mdp_az. I haven't been by there in a while and did not realize it was closed. Although I did like their coffee I did notice that business always seemed to be slow. For a while there they were not even open on Sunday which I found odd for a coffee place. I am glad I live so close to the Falls River Strip Mall that Wake Up wired was located in, but I am a bit dissapointed that they seem to be having so much difficulty filling the available retail space.

Sometimes I think there is way too much retail space going up in Raleigh. I know of several strip malls and office buildings that were built well over a year ago yet remain empty to this day. Kinda makes me wonder why they were built in the first place?

Again, thanks for the update on Wake up Wired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary