U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 12,773 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Does anybody have a child at Central in Granville County? It just opened this fall. How is it going? What is it like? Are you happy there?

Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 04:07 PM

10 posts, read 24,956 times
No clue, but I'd certainly like to know the same thing. I can't find many reviews online on websites like great schools.com etc. on the Granville County schools, period. The parents don't seem very interested in discussing or contributing their opinions. Lack of involvement, perhaps? The only reviews I can find say "parents are not involved" etc.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM

12 posts, read 60,643 times
Default Granville County Schools

We recently moved to South Granville county from the DC area. My kids are in Butner-Stem Elementary, and we've been quite impressed with our kid's teachers. If you look a greatschools.net, the schools are rated 5-6/10, but we haven't seen much of a dropoff from their schools in Montgomery Co. MD, which were rated as 10/10. There is a pretty wide range in socioeconomic status/parent involvement represented, and certainly some of the children have more support than others. Our children are in the AIG program, so their friend's parents might be a bit more involved than others. However, during open houses, parent-teacher conferences, etc., the school is always packed. As far as Central Granville goes, I know it is brand new, and actually may only have Freshman and Sophomores this year.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,101 times
Default Granville Central High School

I am a counselor at Granville Central High School and my family and I just moved from NH this past July. I'd be happy to speak with anyone who is interested about the school and/or put you into contact with involved parents or our prinicipal. Our Principal, Mr. Steve Hester, was the principal of Butner Stem Elementary for a number of years; he really cares about the students and their families and knows a number of them from his work in at Butner Stem.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStrazis View Post
Hello,

Does anybody have a child at Central in Granville County? It just opened this fall. How is it going? What is it like? Are you happy there?

Thank you.
i happen to be a student from there currently .Iam 16 years old. i guess the school is ok i wouldnt say im that happy about going there though.And does anyone know about some website called www.ncvpf.org i was told by the school you could take online classes there if you needed a credit to pass your grade but it seems as if this website doesnt exsit or something.Any suggestions??

Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 PM

646 posts, read 1,296,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need2suceed101 View Post
i happen to be a student from there currently .Iam 16 years old. i guess the school is ok i wouldnt say im that happy about going there though.And does anyone know about some website called www.ncvpf.org i was told by the school you could take online classes there if you needed a credit to pass your grade but it seems as if this website doesnt exsit or something.Any suggestions??
North Carolina Virtual Public School

Try that link. I am sorry they didn't give you the right infromation.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,587 times
well i am a student at J.F. Webb high school and so far from what i hear every thing is going good over at central. Just some kids bing bad as ever from south granville high school tearing up things very kid like. but i heard form my family members theat go there that it is A GREAT School
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary