Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 07:23 PM

404 posts, read 2,611,615 times

Advertisements

what is the best location to picnic/hangout with the family at falls river.
Im new to the area so please be specific and provide directions.
thanks very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,073,693 times
Are you inquiring about the Falls River community in north Raleigh, the Neuse River, or the Falls below the Neuse River dam? Since I'm not sure, I'll try to answer all three.

Falls River Community: Pocket parks abound in this neighborhood and Bedford next door. There are benches in many of the parks, and certainly many great spots to throw out a blanket on the ground with a playground nearby.
Neuse River: I'm not really sure on this one, however I do know the city has a "canoe trail" on the river with access points that might provide picnic tables.
Falls at the dam: This would be where I would go. Park at the Tailrace area off of Falls of Neuse Road or in the Army Corps property just south of Tailrace. There are many hiking trails above the dam and picnic tables along the lakeshore. Below the dam is the river where you can fish or just play in the rocks if the water is low enough (and it will be w/ the drought). There are also picnic tables down by the dam I believe.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM

404 posts, read 2,611,615 times
falls at the dam,is what i wanted.
thanks
do you have an address or street where i turn

Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,073,693 times
Take Falls of Neuse Road north from I-540. Turn left at the Tailrace sign (bottom of the hill just before crossing the bridge).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary