Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:59 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies1375 View Post
Would you leave your baby in a hot car for 5 minutes?
It's not hot the way I do it, that was the whole point..I agree lots of people are cruel about this issue, but my point is that seeing a dog in a car isn't always an emergency..I would wait to see if it is distressed and
give the owner a few minutes to return..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
There was a bill filed in April but it doesnt look like it went anywhere or made it to even committee.
North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 612 Information/History (2013-2014 Session)

Under current law, emergency responders called to help an animal in distress locked in a hot car have no legal authority to break a window or take other action to save the pet. All they can do is search for the pet's owner – a time-consuming task that can mean the difference between life or death for the trapped animal.
Harrison said many people who call police to help animals in distress in hot cars are amazed to learn there's little the police can do to help.
So currently if you fill vigilantly and break the window too; you are liable for damages.

When the weather was great this past Spring, I took my Sheltie every where.

The other week I had to take a trip and temperature was in the low 90's and I had my Sheltie with me and I needed to get gas.

As soon as I stopped to pumped, I rolled down the windows. My dog was panting just over that small period even with windows down. I turn car and AC on full blast, shift so I could go in and get me a drink. My dog is my child I will take care of it first.

A Carboro representative introduced that bill he needs to be contacted in getting this to be law.

Far as OP, I do not understand why a service dog was left in the car as I thought service dogs can go in places that have food-beverage.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:07 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The other week I had to take a trip and temperature was in the low 90's and I had my Sheltie with me and I needed to get gas.

As soon as I stopped to pumped, I rolled down the windows. My dog was panting just over that small period even with windows down.
I have discovered that if the car is very cool to start with 65ish ,
for less than 5 minutes it is cooler inside to leave the windows up if its a 90 day..
Opening windows brings it up to 90 fast...
I will retest that and post exact temp before & after 5 minutes and temp outside..

So I can do what makes my pet the most comfortable or what makes an irrational bystander
happiest..humm??

If you are paying for gas or in & out in 3-5 minutes it works..

Old 07-04-2013, 11:25 AM

571 posts, read 1,303,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Where does their funding come from? Donations? Grants? ???
I don't know. It is the "Contributions, gifts, grants, and similar amounts received" from the tax form.

Quote:
The last page of the 990 lists eleven employees, two of which are paid.
It looks like the others are volunteer board members, not employees. I just hope people know where their donations are going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary