U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 AM

156 posts, read 833,333 times

Advertisements

I am interested in this community.. Has anyone ever toured the homes? I am from Long Island NY and am looking for a community that offer's both employment opportunities and since single, some recreation with-out driving far.. They tell me the Preston Country club is right there and the Stone creek shopping will be magnificiant.. Any thoughts? It is really pricey and I am not really sure why... Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 16,686 times
Default stone creek village

I've lived here about 6 months and love it. Yes it's pricey, but the floor plan was right, the location was right, and I just feel like I fit much better than my former Cary home. Quite a few of the restaurants have opened. I really like being able to walk to the grocery store & dry cleaners, etc.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:14 PM

31,594 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIA.1 View Post
I am interested in this community.. Has anyone ever toured the homes? I am from Long Island NY and am looking for a community that offer's both employment opportunities and since single, some recreation with-out driving far.. They tell me the Preston Country club is right there and the Stone creek shopping will be magnificiant.. Any thoughts? It is really pricey and I am not really sure why... Thanks
I live a mile down the road and think the location is great!

You can walk to two groceries, a couple of bar/restaurants and several other eating establishments, a couple of good coffee shops, two drug chains, and many shopping etceteras.
It is less than a couple of miles west of Cary's Bond Park, with ball fields and a small lake.
Centex is the builder and it seems that people are very happy with them.
We have been through the models and they are pricey as they are quite well appointed.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 PM

161 posts, read 517,060 times
I liked the homes, but had some concerns about the community. It is nice to have the shopping right there, but you are also along a very busy road (High House), and as more stores open, no doubt both traffic and noise will increase.

You also want to be very careful about which lot you buy. There are several homes that are almost move in ready, however they back up to the shopping center parking lot. The sales person took me into one of the homes, and from the 2nd floor master bedroom I had a sweeping view of the Walgreens parking lot and their overflowing dumpster! Not something I care to wake up to every morning. I think that will have a significant impact on the resale value since it will become very apparent once the homes are completed.

You might also want to look at Westover Park, another Centex development. Less pricey and no dumpster views. It is about two miles further north on Davis Drive.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM

306 posts, read 1,005,850 times
Whilst Centex are a fine company builder, I found Stone Creek to be about the most overpriced properties in the area. Sure, the houses are nice, but the few decent lots have gone with the remaining ones currently available being really unattractive.

I feel that many communities in Cary are ripping people off as the targeted buyers, from the north and CA, probably consider paying over 400K for a tiny lot which backs up to a noisy road, Harris Teeter or with a great view of Walgreens parking lot, cheap?

Best look elsewhere. Preston is just another country club and a half decent golf course. Theres better places around.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 19,373 times
Default Ardmore At Reedy Creek

Check out the new Luxury townhomes in cary, fully loaded with standard upgrades like hardwoods, granite and tons of moldings, all within easy reach of shopping, resturants.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 PM

229 posts, read 961,112 times
Victoria,

What's the verdict? Did you decide on Stone Creek? It's right across the street from my office!! Centex is a high quality builder in the area and the stone/brick combo is very appealing. Westover Park, while, not quite as upscale is also a good option.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM

997 posts, read 4,159,480 times
You can't go wrong with stone Creek. Close to RTP, RDU, Davis Drive, 55, 540, Cary Tennis and Bond Park.

Here is what is in Stone Creek Village. Stone Creek contains some new upscale boutiques, children's shoe store, soon to be Chop House Grill, Five Guys burgers, Red Bowl Asian Bistro, ice cream and candy shoppe, Coffee shop, Walgreens, Harris Teeter, Z Pizza, nail salon, JF Gemeli Hair Salon, Sport Clips and a few more.

I am also a member of Prestonwood CC. Their website is Prestonwood Country Club: Step into a World Apart. The club is gorgeous. They have a brand new main ballroom. An older section of the club that has been renovated a little and you can use it for functions, business meetings. They have their Sunday Brunch there. Daily Lunch buffet. Dinners. They also have the Red Fox club on the lower level next to the pro shop. The pro shop is very well stocked. They have tennis courts with lessons. Of course the golf course. They have 3 swimming pools there with a snack bar. New this year was that someone will actually come by your chair and take a food and beverage order. They have a fitness center. You can also have a personal trainer and receive massage Services.

They have four levels of membership. (1)Dining. (2) Social which allows you use of the pool, Fitness Center, activities and Dining. (3) Tennis which allows you tennis and the previous social. (4) Golf which is the whole package. I believe pricing now for a social is 17K plus monthly dues. They will let you finance with a payment plan that is something new that they never had before.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:17 PM

229 posts, read 961,112 times
Not sure how we got off on the PCC tangent. I'm also a member and the facilities (since way back when in 1996). As you mention Preston is a great facility.

However, for those who are interested in low maintenence living, the Townhomes at Stonecreek are are great option.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:28 PM

997 posts, read 4,159,480 times
[quote=Tracy_Santrock;1596647]Not sure how we got off on the PCC tangent. I'm also a member and the facilities (since way back when in 1996). As you mention Preston is a great facility.]

The original poster said that she heard that prestonwood country club was down the street. I was just providing information for them regarding this to be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary