Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 AM

46 posts, read 84,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Any other feedback on this community? I'm thinking of buying here soon. I like the low maintenance and don't need a big yard. It doesn't have a community clubhouse/pool so I don't know if that's a positive or negative.

Pricing seems ok based on what I've seen, but it is a cluster home. They seemed to have sold well. I like that West Cary area.

My buyers agent said their only incentive they are offering now is $5000 in closing. I don't know if we can still negotiate since it seems like a sellers market in West Cary.
Well it has the UNC Wellness Center sharing the road which is much better then any clubhouse/pool. They have monthly family membership of around $120. So if you need clubhouse you can always join it.

It's a cluster home but the floor plans are really nice. I am in contract for the LINDEN floor plan and will be closing on Oct 7. Will probably move by Oct 14.

The price is good if you consider per sq ft rate. The new single family homes in west cary by same builder(M/I Homes) and similar floor plans are atleast $50k more : Home Plans in Holland Farm - Raleigh NC - M/I Homes.

PM me if you need more information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 01:03 PM

6 posts, read 9,335 times
Courtyards at Cary a bit further south down Green Level Church Rd. I guess could be considered cluster homes as they are built close together but standalone homes with a breezeway connecting them. The floor plans feature very open spaces. I know they have sold 2 of the 15 homes already, mine being one of them.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,467 times
I have a question about these homes - as someone looking to relocate from NH I am confused by the "at Amberly" description - are these in the Amberly community that has the gorgeous swimming pool / slide / rec areas or are these in a different Amberly? I can not find any connection between the two but I really want to be in the Amberly with the pool/slide ...

Old 04-13-2014, 02:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Arsenault View Post
I have a question about these homes - as someone looking to relocate from NH I am confused by the "at Amberly" description - are these in the Amberly community that has the gorgeous swimming pool / slide / rec areas or are these in a different Amberly? I can not find any connection between the two but I really want to be in the Amberly with the pool/slide ...
Nope. They aren't in the part that's got the membership to the pool.

Or so this thread says in a couple of places. They are pretty far from that pool and basically they're in the parking lot of the Rex Wellness Center.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:18 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,938,350 times
The "at Amberly" part of their name was/is somewhat controversial with the REAL Amberly and I had heard, but not confirmed, that Amberly was pursuing legal action regarding the name. Not sure you want that pool anyway, given all the new dwellings in Amberly. I look forward to the emails telling me the pool is closed due to poopy water

Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Arsenault View Post
I currently live in this community (Overlook at Amberly). We are NOT part of Amberly community so we cannot access any of Amberly's facilities. But I find it good as my HOA is just $55 per month which INCLUDES THE LAWN MAINTENANCE. We have wonderful UNC Wellness Center sharing the roads. I can walk to UNC wellness center. The monthly family membership of UNC is around $120. It has indoor pool and a wonderful GYM. Essentially I have the flexibility of having a fitness center in my community which I can join/withdraw anytime.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvin2k View Post
I currently live in this community (Overlook at Amberly). We are NOT part of Amberly community so we cannot access any of Amberly's facilities. But I find it good as my HOA is just $55 per month which INCLUDES THE LAWN MAINTENANCE. We have wonderful UNC Wellness Center sharing the roads. I can walk to UNC wellness center. The monthly family membership of UNC is around $120. It has indoor pool and a wonderful GYM. Essentially I have the flexibility of having a fitness center in my community which I can join/withdraw anytime.

55 bucks includes lawn maintenance? That is one sweet deal.

The HOA dues in my circa 1995 townhouse neighborhood (where we need to sell that house, I tell you, because we don't live in it)... are in the mid-100s per month.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
55 bucks includes lawn maintenance? That is one sweet deal.

The HOA dues in my circa 1995 townhouse neighborhood (where we need to sell that house, I tell you, because we don't live in it)... are in the mid-100s per month.
Yeah, I think that is the selling point for these cluster homes with small backyard. It's just 1 year since they have started selling and they have already sold 82 out of 110. So only few more to sell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary