Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:46 PM

46 posts, read 84,759 times

Advertisements

How is the Overlook at Amberly M/I homes community ? They are clustered homes, not seen any in this area. How are the cluster homes as such ? I know they have less privacy. Will it be a problem in resale ?

They are as expensive as single family homes. So I am not sure if to buy it or not...

Suggestions please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,115,735 times
Have you been to see them yet?

Old 06-30-2013, 08:16 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,113,072 times
they are BRAND new - none have closed according to the MLS. If they are cluster homes, they have the biggest lots I've seen for such - more than 1/10 acre.

but based on what info is easily available, no one buys a cluster home with a 2nd floor master, which all but 3 so far are.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM

25 posts, read 66,546 times
Cluster home are not new to this area. As far as I know, there is at least one in Town hall common built by Pulte/Centex next to Twin Lakes.

Cluster homes are different from Single family homes (SFH) in the sense that they are connected by common storage room, and several connected homes are grouped as a cluster. While a home is separated from the neighbor next door, but it is not a standalone unit. And in terms of size, they are better than typical Townhomes, but not as roomy as in SFH; the backyard (or lot size) tends to be a bit smaller too. If the attic is finished, the size could go to low 3000sf, but should this be priced equally as a SFH with the same square feet (attic unfinished)? I doubt. Check with your realtor to get some recent sale figures and you should be able to set your target price properly.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:03 PM

Yes I have seen 1 of them. They are true cluster homes. However M/I is pricing them almost equivalent to single family homes.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 10 days ago)

43,101 posts, read 76,681,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvin2k View Post
Yes I have seen 1 of them. They are true cluster homes. However M/I is pricing them almost equivalent to single family homes.
I will be curious to see how many solicitations you get on Trulia with your question.

Some people prefer smaller lots, and some people prefer larger lots. MI is betting that there is a market for that product on smaller lots.

ETA:
Just one Trulia solicitation without offering information so far.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 07-01-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 03:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,165,553 times
Quote:
For your sake, I hope your took your Buyer's Agent with you. Onsite agents in this area work for the builder and are not legally bound to mention incentives, etc.

Vicki

Old 07-01-2013, 05:24 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,115,735 times
Quote:
They look ok. I saw them yesterday, while driving past. All the town homes behind them, save a few, are sold. Would imply the area is hot. The town homes were cheaper, but not tons cheaper.

I agree with the agents. Make sure you have an agent if you decide to write an offer.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
They look ok. I saw them yesterday, while driving past. All the town homes behind them, save a few, are sold. Would imply the area is hot. The town homes were cheaper, but not tons cheaper.

I agree with the agents. Make sure you have an agent if you decide to write an offer.
Well the cluster homes are not as hot selling as their townhomes. They have 19 out of 30 homes in inventory. Looks like people are not willing to pay 300k+ for a cluster home.
Do you think the builder will reduce the price as they are not able to sell ?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 AM

25 posts, read 66,546 times
Quote:
Well the cluster homes are not as hot selling as their townhomes. They have 19 out of 30 homes in inventory. Looks like people are not willing to pay 300k+ for a cluster home.
Do you think the builder will reduce the price as they are not able to sell ?
their model house is still under construction and it looks like the grand opening will commence next month. i think it's too soon to say this community is not selling well enough and need to lower the price point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary