U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 PM

11 posts, read 8,625 times

Advertisements

What is the best place for selection of shelf liner (contact paper) in the area? Walmart and Target's selections are so limited and I am looking for a nice pattern to cover an old dresser. Are there any small hardware or wallpaper stores around that have a really large selection? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 PM

5,959 posts, read 6,319,761 times
Hah! Funny you should ask that question. I was looking for contact paper a few months ago to wallpaper a dollhouse we were putting together for my daughters. There really was very little out there! Rose's had about four patterns, but one was that fake wood and one was fruit. I saw two cool patterns in Marshalls by their home goods section, but I think it's hit or miss whether they will have them there or not. Lowe's had about 3 or 4 patterns. Can't remember if Home Depot did or not. I was actually at Big Lots last week when we were in New Jersey and had to laugh because they had a fairly large selection, but it was too late for me. I also don't know how pretty the patterns were, though. One was that fake wood also.

I ended up using walllpaper - found some on clearence at Lowe's, although admittedly I was a bit more flexible on the pattern since it was just for a dollhouse.

The other option is to look online. There were a bunch on eBay, but for me, the rolls were too big and more than I wanted to spend.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 PM

4,551 posts, read 4,956,447 times
I've never found a particularly good selection locally. If you're feeling up for it you can always make your own: Amber Lane Living: Pantry Redo, with Mod Podged Fabric Contact Paper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary