Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM

71 posts, read 309,635 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

Which is a good place to have some best Sushi???
I am hungry!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 04:17 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,557,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocary View Post
Hi ,

Which is a good place to have some best Sushi???
I am hungry!!!
There are afew places I like. The best I've had though was just last week at Muras in North Hills. Unbelievably good...

Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,168 times
Default Secret Sushi Spot

Hidden among chain fast food spots at Crossroads in Cary is a wonderful sushi spot called Kashin. It is tiny and next door to a christian book store and close to Camelot Music.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:42 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,769,505 times
There are several places we frequent, but I'd say that Wasabi in Cary (macgregor village) is probably my overall favorite.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,677,887 times
I have been to pretty much all the sushi places and I definitely have a favorite:

Waraji 5910 Duraleigh Rd # 147 at Glenwood by far is the best japanese food. Please call or get there early, I've gone on a Tuesday night and been told it'll be an hour and 45 min wait. I would really hate to see what the wait times are on Fridays.

Akai Hana in Carrboro is good/great

Kashin, Cary is good/fair; I'd go there if I were already at Crossroads, but I don't think I'd drive out there just cuz.

I will say that Asuka on Chapel Hill Road in Morrisville (sorta between Weston and Aviation) used to be good, but after the remodel last year the quality has gone downhill, the menus prices have gone up. I think they decided the wanted to go high-end asian fusion instead of the more traditional japanese and quite frankly, I was disappointed in the execution.

Kanki is not really japanese but if you're into that same style (americanized asian fusion) like PF Changs, you should be okay.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:12 PM

836 posts, read 3,469,289 times
I am with jinxor, Waraji is consistently the best. Although I have also had good luck at Kashin and you can't beat Mura's 1/2 price deals on Tuesdays. The reason I am no so big on Mura, like Sushi Blues in downtown Raliegh, is that they tend to push their rolls with fried bits in them. I am a bit of a purist and like the simple salmon, yellowtail, etc and want it to be extra good. I like the fancy rolls for a change, but not as the main thing. If you want GREAT simple sushi, plus good rolls, go to Waraji.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,677,887 times
I failed to mention a few others:

Sushi-Thai (cary, kildaire farms/maynard in the big lots strip mall) which is ok (nice sushi bar), but their sushi is nothing special. Their thai food is better than average.

Red bowl asian bistro (cary, highhouse/davis) which is more like asian fusion and sorta in the new ritzy part of cary; I'd avoid places like that just for the principle.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,769,505 times
Waraji is definitely up there among my favorites. I won't go back to Sushi Blues after a bad experience. We don't eat out during the week much or we might try Mura on Tuesdays. We found Mura overpriced. Agree with the above about the place in Morrisville. It was about the only decent place close enough for us to order take out from, but after the change we won't go back.

For convenience, Champa at Brier Creek isn't bad. They have a few things I really quite like. (and for thai, their spicy basil chicken is excellent, too).

Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,037 times
Personally I am not into sushi, but my friends have mentioned Waraji (sp?) And seems like these folks have very good suggestions for you

Last edited by autumngal; 01-01-2008 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: removed graphics

Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM

32 posts, read 125,066 times
I haven't tried all these places; thanks for the pointers. I agree, Wasabi in Magregor is pretty decent. Stay away from the sushi / fusion place in the Kroger shooping center in Fuquay; it is a waste of money on many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary