U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
 
354 posts, read 774,376 times
Reputation: 83

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Even when the lights are on the blind can't see. I say nanny nanny boo boo to my wife all the time then I turn the lights off and laugh. Come on folks keep it light in here it is getting a tad to mean. Everyone has points and arguments to support them. Obviously this is a drama to be written and played out. Let's hope it plays out in a way to minimize harm and pain to people. Now will someone help me get started on my swing.
You mean golf swing, don't you.

 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Virginia (again)
2,431 posts, read 5,370,834 times
Reputation: 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
Frudy's view cannot be contrarian as it is a accepted fact that housing market is headed down and that is the conventional wisdom.

Contrarian view is of all the posters who say that is not true or who support them.

So don't be a contrarian by saying Rudy's view is contrarian!
This is a forum on the TRIANGLE. It is not an accepted fact that the housing market is headed down here.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
 
354 posts, read 774,376 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
This is a forum on the TRIANGLE. It is not an accepted fact that the housing market is headed down here.
That is the problem! Accepted or not.

But it is a fact nonetheless!
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Virginia (again)
2,431 posts, read 5,370,834 times
Reputation: 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
That is the problem! Accepted or not.

But it is a fact nonetheless!
Your rhetoric becomes meaningless when you say your forecast (which is far from concensus) is a fact. I don't know what will happen, but I'm certainly not going to assert that my prediction about what will happen in the future is fact.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
 
266 posts, read 400,991 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
This is a forum on the TRIANGLE. It is not an accepted fact that the housing market is headed down here.
Only to the awful awful media (News&Observer) who are secretly conspiring on the demise of triangle housing. Never mind they get gobs of money in ad revenue from real estate professionals.

Of course, we're not supposed to believe what we read, just what our benevolent realtors spoon feed us, who of course have no vested interest in the market.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
 
354 posts, read 774,376 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Your rhetoric becomes meaningless when you say your forecast (which is far from concensus) is a fact. I don't know what will happen, but I'm certainly not going to assert that my prediction about what will happen in the future is fact.
It's happening now- the price decline.

In the link that I posted to start the thread uses June 2007 as the starting comparison month. Since June, prices and sales have already declined. How much of a price decline would be a prediction but the price decline we are seeing is a fact.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
 
23,807 posts, read 19,640,707 times
Reputation: 5828
Default Hmmm which swing is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
You mean golf swing, don't you.
I was thinking of the playground swing however maybe a golf swing would work. I mean I was hoping we could all help each other swing things over the next few years as we collectively face challenges and opportunities.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 PM
 
266 posts, read 400,991 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
It's happening now- the price decline.

In the link that I posted to start the thread uses June 2007 as the starting comparison month. Since June, prices and sales have already declined. How much of a price decline would be a prediction but the price decline we are seeing is a fact.
But a specific house in a specific neighborhood probably went up a little bit, so the market is healthy and on the rise.
 
Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
 
23,807 posts, read 19,640,707 times
Reputation: 5828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
This is a forum on the TRIANGLE. It is not an accepted fact that the housing market is headed down here.
Fact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
Old 11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
 
Location: SW Durham, NC (27713)
1,040 posts, read 2,355,401 times
Reputation: 523
Holy Crap... This is getting good! Keep it up. TGIF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top