Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,070 times

Advertisements

Ho all....we recently moved from a house that was new to us into a 1993 built home. We are enjoying dragging the home into the 21st century, one brass doorknob/light fixture at a time

I wondered, out of pure curiosity more than anything else, if there is a way to find out who built the homes in our new neighborhood. We are part of the large Parkway development that runs down Cary Parkway from about YMCA drive up to the intersection with High House.

Are there records online? Any realtors know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 PM

223 posts, read 576,969 times
Try typing the address into this site: Real Estate Search

Hopefully it goes back far enough.

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
if you look up the tax records online sometimes the builder is listed under "deeds"
Let me know if you need help finding that online.

Google Wake County Tax Records

Alf beat me to it !!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 PM

49 posts, read 89,826 times
This is much easier in New York: you just take the dry wall off, find the body in the wall, determine the deceased's crime family affiliation, and figure out what building company they used as a front.

Here it is much harder: you might have to look on the internet.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:07 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
should be the first name on the deed...u know how to use wakegov.com?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
should be the first name on the deed...u know how to use wakegov.com?

Yep, I looked there. The first name is Parkway Associates, which is the developer, not a builder. The next is just a man's name, and it was in his name for 9 months. I had a hunch maybe he was the builder. It wasn't a name of a company, and I didn't see anything like "Inc." or anything, so I really wasn't sure. So this was maybe a small local builder? There is at least one other house on my street that seems to have my same elevation, so I guess I thought it would've been more of a tract builder. I'll have to check that house's deed!

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:16 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
You should find it there but if not, have your agent look back in to MLS and see if she can find the original listing. That will tell you who built it.

Vicki

Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
You should find it there but if not, have your agent look back in to MLS and see if she can find the original listing. That will tell you who built it.

Vicki
Thanks! I appreciate all the help, did some sleuthing on the county site, and found that several of the homes on my street have "Williams R B" listed on the deed, and quite a few others have "Insite Development." So I'm guessing this Wlliams is the name of a person or building company. Interesting! And I'm kinda glad it's not a major national builder.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:35 AM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
Congrats on your move! Hope you have many happy years in your new home!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
Thanks! I appreciate all the help, did some sleuthing on the county site, and found that several of the homes on my street have "Williams R B" listed on the deed, and quite a few others have "Insite Development." So I'm guessing this Wlliams is the name of a person or building company. Interesting! And I'm kinda glad it's not a major national builder.
You might try using the State of NC Secretary of State's web site to do a corporate name search on the names you're finding. That can lead you to their annual report filings and articles of incorporation and may bring you closer to contacting them, though that doesn't work in every case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary