Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 AM

8 posts, read 20,481 times

Advertisements

So it seems the consensus is Apex - thanks so much everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonda614 View Post
So it seems the consensus is Apex - thanks so much everyone!
I'm going to suggest that before you make a decision, based on others' comments, you'll want to check out the areas for yourself.

If you don't know this area, you may not even realize where Apex ends and Holly Springs starts! Actually, there are some roads that start out in Cary, go through Apex, into Holly Springs and end up in Apex. It will be impossible to tell for someone not familiar with the area.

For those that know North Raleigh, it has gotten very pricey so many of my clients that can't afford North Raleigh will go in to Wake Forest. It is a lovely town and you really should see it for yourself.

I had a client once that told me she didn't want to live in a "forest" and didn't want to see Wake Forest because of it's name!!! We looked at homes from FV to HS to Apex to Cary to N. Raleigh and she loved Wake Forest and that is where she ended up! Same with her daughter when she moved here!

Of course, if you think you'll be working in HS, I wouldn't want to live in WF. But...if you are working in WF, I wouldn't want to live in HS. Just MY opinion.

Have fun in your searching! And since you'll be looking in the Apex area, don't let the Shearon Harris nuclear plant scare you!!! Depending on your price range, HS is just a tad less expensive than Apex.

Vicki

Old 07-23-2013, 10:22 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
I think a lot Depends on where you work. If you work in North Raleigh (and there are quite a few businesses located there) I would much rather call Wake Forest home than Holly Springs or Apex.

I think Funky chicken makes a good point, but if your work and social activities are in North Raleigh, Wake Forest is the clear front runner in my opinion. It is also relatively easy to shoot over to Durham using 98 from wake forest.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,518 times
^Exactly. You really do need to schout the town. It's all so subjective> I personally love Wake Forest compared to the other two options but that's just me. WF is that nice mix of old town and new suburb that I love. And it is potentially the hilliest suburb in Wake County, great views there.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 PM

7 posts, read 10,709 times
Seems we're having the same questions as everyone else! We're planning on relocating too. Hubby works from home though, so it doesn't 'matter' where we live for commuting purposes. We visited for two weeks, loved Apex and parts of holly springs, but Wake Forest seemed like a better value. We were trying to figure out what was 'wrong' with it, to be so cheap. Didn't seem that far out. Still trying to decide ourselves.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:34 PM

257 posts, read 491,484 times
Default House on a hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
^Exactly. You really do need to schout the town. It's all so subjective> I personally love Wake Forest compared to the other two options but that's just me. WF is that nice mix of old town and new suburb that I love. And it is potentially the hilliest suburb in Wake County, great views there.
Any particular communities in Wake Forest that are hilly?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 AM

342 posts, read 388,068 times
I'm going to add another vote for Wake Forest. It is a great town with a great sense of community, some character and a good amount of shopping/restaurants. I totally disagree with the comments from a PP that the roads are not connected well for WF. Yes, capital BLVD can get some traffic in rush hour, but I can be in downtown Raleigh in 20 minutes any other time of day or Durham in 30. Triangle Town Center in like 10 minutes.

I don't think it is way out at all, it just depends on what you want to be close to. For me Cary and HS are WAY out because they are far from our jobs, friends and church. So it just depends on what you want to be close to.

Also, the schools are very good in WF. There is only one school (a middle school) that people try to avoid, but other than that the schools are really good. Some address in WF are zoned to Rolesville Middle and HS, but I have heard fantastic things about RMS and RH looks beautiful.

I also think it's beautiful! There are several good greenways, especially now that you can connect to the Neuse River Trail from the Burlington Mill Trail. One of the trails in Heritage even goes to a pretty little waterfall. Lots of nice parks, tons of community events and a cute downtown. As far as hilly, Heritage is very hilly and pretty. Some of the neighborhoods out in the 98 area are very hilly as well.

Citizen - I don't think anything is wrong with WF at all! It has grown tremendously. It is a little cheaper because it is slightly further out, but nothing is wrong with it at all. It has a great reputation in the area as being a nice place to live.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:46 AM

8 posts, read 20,481 times
Wow guys thanks for the awesome input! We will actually be driving out next week for a few days to check the places out - from what I am reading here I think I may have a "good" problem of which place to choose In a away I was hoping to narrow my search and places to see but it sounds like I would be doing my family a disservice if I didn't check all three places out.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary