Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 PM

128 posts, read 345,931 times

Advertisements

I would definitely check out the North Hills area to get a good taste of a cool area to shop and dine.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...50165853,d.eWU

I have not been to the Durham Farmer's Market but I love the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh

You may want to visit the Brier Creek area as there are a lot of homes, shopping, restaurants.

Since you have kids you may want to consider checking out Pullen Park. It's a fantastic park and we had our daughters 1st birthday there.

If you're interested in what Malls have to offer for the area you should definitely check out Southpoint which is an indoor/outdoor mall with a lot of style.

If you can squeeze in a quick picnic you could head of to Jordan Lake for some fun.

Depending on the weekend you are here the Durham Bulls could be playing in town so if you are interested in baseball you should check them out. That particular area of Durham where they are located is called the American Tobacco District and it has great entertainment and restaurants. My wife and I love Tyler's Taproom which is across from the park.

American Tobacco Campus Web Site

If you're into Soccer we have a semi-pro team based out of Cary called the Carolina Railhawks. You could catch a game if they are playing. This place is extremely kid friendly and the team is rather fun to watch.

These are just some things off the top of my head, I hope you can at least get to one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 08:11 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,058,076 times
If you are interested in NW Raleigh, I would also suggest looking at Brier Creek, zip code 27617. It's centrally located. It may not have the best restaurants, but it is easy to get to Durham, Cary or downtown Raleigh for the dining there. There is a ton of shopping here and quite a few housing options. It's relatively close to RTP. It's worth at least driving through the area, including the Country Club and the neighborhoods around it.

My commute is the other way and I go from Brier Creek to Falls of Neuse/Millbrook in about 30 minutes. If you are going to RTP, according to Google Maps you could drive there in about the same time. I'd suggest coming here and driving what you think your commute will be to see if it matches the estimates you get from Google.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Friday night, go to First Night Raleigh - the first Friday of every month, downtown. Art & Fun. Wander around, people watch and eat in DOWNTOWN (not Glenwood South).

Saturday morning, go through Bond park in Cary, then head over to Durham for their farmers market. After the farmer's market, come back to Umstead State Park and take a hike. After that, head back to Durham and go to main Street and eat before enjoying a Durham Bulls game at 7 pm. There will be good crowd, so another chance to people watch.

Sunday? You haven't said when you leave. If there's time, I suppose now is the time to zip over the Chapel Hill for brunch. Either that or go on down to Apex if there's a good place in the little downtown that serves a great brunch or Sunday lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary