Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM

754 posts, read 1,692,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
how much do people in the Bull City even go to Raleigh now a days?
Very little, honestly. After DPAC opened, we mostly only go to downtown Raleigh for concerts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Back in the day people from Durham would go to Raleigh, but vice versa, not so much. Now with Southpoint and everything else how much do people in the Bull City even go to Raleigh now a days?
True - I very rarely go, just because I don't need to - and it takes me 45 minutes to get to downtown. There are a lot of things I'd like to see/do in Raleigh so I try and lump them together into one trip.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 AM

292 posts, read 507,478 times
When perusing local mug shots, I've noticed that on average the perps in Durham county are decidedly less attractive (or at very least, less photogenic) people than Wake county ne'er do wells. I always attributed it to something in the water.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:02 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I find it strange that people ASSUME that "people who grew up in Raleigh avoid going to Durham".
No s__t! If my roots (and job) weren't in Raleigh, I would much prefer living in Durham due to all of the Arts offerings (both DPAC and many amateur groups) there and the Bohemian area near Duke East Campus/ninth St.. I am constantly driving to rehearsals for one thing or another at the Durham Arts Council.

Durham did have a bad reputation for crime maybe in the 1990s? Whenever crack was the big scary drug. I think the reputation of East Durham then probably had truth to it, but SO much has changed in 20 years. There are still blighted parts, and parts I won't drive through at night, but that's true of any city of any size.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM

150 posts, read 175,304 times
Well, I go to wherever I need to go, to get the wherever I need to get

I like stuff in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Hillsborough, etc, etc, all depending on particulars. For me, there are have-to-go places in all of them, and want-to-go places in all of them. I do dislike driving in downtown, no matter which city, because I'm just an old country boy. But I suck it up and get over it, to get to my destination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary