Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times

Advertisements

So, my wireless receiver is unable to access prerecorded programs on my U-Verse DVR. This started yesterday and continues today. Unfortunately I am getting "TWC quality" customer support and have already spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T trying to get it resolved. They are now telling me that there is an "outage in my area" which is causing people to have problems with their DVR's. Now, I keep telling them that my DVR is working perfectly fine and it's just the wireless receiver flaking out. They are now supposed to be contacting the local office (video hub?) to find out if my problem is in fact related and call me back within the hour.

I feel like I'm just going around in circles with AT&T's (overseas) technical support. Nothing more frustrating than dealing with someone who just wants to read from a script, over and over and over!

My question is - is anyone else in the area having problems with their U-Verse DVR, either the main one or any wireless receivers you may have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
We are not having a problem currently with either the wireless of the hardwired versions in our home.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,271 times
Our DVR is deleting shows adhock on its own and the online list of recordings does not match the DVR on the screen. This is our second DVR replacing one earlier this week that was doing the same thing. Their live chat has been down all day and when I do connect with someone, they can barely be understood. I think they are having bigger issues in the network since the same issue with 2 DVRs, one brand new, but will not share. Nothing new and I'm ready to go back to Time Warner Cable.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeVerse View Post
Our DVR is deleting shows adhock on its own and the online list of recordings does not match the DVR on the screen. This is our second DVR replacing one earlier this week that was doing the same thing. Their live chat has been down all day and when I do connect with someone, they can barely be understood. I think they are having bigger issues in the network since the same issue with 2 DVRs, one brand new, but will not share. Nothing new and I'm ready to go back to Time Warner Cable.
Im glad I stayed with TWC. Our newer CISCO DVR has decent middleware with few bugs.

AT&T couldn't even fix my landline so I ditched them and felt great about doing it.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:27 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
I haven't had any issues - though all of my equipment is hard-wired. And the last time I did have issues, all of my calls were handled with good communications by folks absolutely stationed here in the US.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:09 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
The problem I had back in August turned out to be due to a bug related to a software upgrade roll out and the specific piece of equipment I had. It was resolved within a few days. While I was annoyed at the time, everything has worked fine since (and before the one glitch). I've had U-Verse for just about a year now, and overall I much prefer AT&T to TWC. As an added bonus, AT&T hasn't decided to randomly start charging for any of my equipment, nor have they raised my prices.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
As an added bonus, AT&T hasn't decided to randomly start charging for any of my equipment, nor have they raised my prices.
give 'em time! I've been with them for maybe 3.5 or 4 years?When i moved to my new house 2.5 yrs ago they gave me the new customer rate as my (old) contract had expired around moving time. Anyhow, my monthly charges went up after maybe 1.5 yrs? I called and negotiated a small decrease but it keeps inching up. Now my monthly cost is too high so i will be calling to get this reduced or will change back to TWC. I've also had tech issues, hate calling the overseas script reader zombies.... I hope you continue to have better luck with them than I've had
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary