U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-23-2013, 07:58 PM

494 posts, read 196,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I need to add C & T Wok Restaurant in Morrisville. GREAT authentic food. I found out about the place from a physician I work with who is Taiwanese. She and her family live in North Raleigh, eat there often as do her parents who live in Chapel Hill. The restaurant also has both American and Chinese menus. The place is small; last time I was there we were the only non-Asians....proof it's good!

C&T Wok Restaurant - Home

I have to second C & T Wok in Morrisville, they are fantastic and have a large following.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:22 PM

131 posts, read 73,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrarot328i View Post

3. Taipei Cafe on Chapel Hill rd in Morrisville. Runs by a lady who used to run Mama Wok in Cary. They serve Peking Duck but have to call in a day before.
We haven't tried the Peking Duck there, but we LOVE their lunch specials. One of my favorite lunch spots locally =)

Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 PM

576 posts, read 590,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Why is it so hard to find good, clean Chinese restaurants?
Peking Garden in N. Raleigh off Six Forks Road is clean and excellent food. No buffet. Owner, Cody, is great! Been dining there since we moved back to NC in 1998. Take friends and family there and never been disappointed.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 AM

78 posts, read 49,786 times
Imperial Garden in the shopping plaza at Lead Mine and Sawmill has been good every time we've eaten there.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:19 AM

966 posts, read 724,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
If you notice a lot of the Chinese buffet restaurants have been closing. I think the owners have all switched over to Chinese massage parlors which is nothing more than a rub and tug. They are everywhere now!

Umm, I don't want to see your review of Greek restaurants then.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:55 AM

306 posts, read 431,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Weird, I know of a lot of Chinese restaurants but no massage parlors...I guess that's because I'm looking for the restaurants and not the massage parlors
There's a place next to Bruegger's Bagels in Cary on Maynard near Kildaire. They changed the sign, but when it originally opened it was this shady looking storefront covered in a white curtain, white christmas lights around a sign that was hand done that said "chinese massage". Now it says something like Yucca Foot Massage or something, but the first thing I thought of was the "rub and tug" lol.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:03 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,758,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
There's a place next to Bruegger's Bagels in Cary on Maynard near Kildaire. They changed the sign, but when it originally opened it was this shady looking storefront covered in a white curtain, white christmas lights around a sign that was hand done that said "chinese massage". Now it says something like Yucca Foot Massage or something, but the first thing I thought of was the "rub and tug" lol.

That's exactly what they are!

Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 AM

866 posts, read 536,061 times
The thing that I find I miss most from Columbia, SC is Miyo's/M. Cafe which did a semi-gourmet take on Chinese cuisine, especially Szechuan. Anybody know of what the closest approximation is here in the Triangle? I love to cook Szechuan and have gotten pretty good at kung pao, but sometimes you want to leave the cooking to somebody else!

Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 AM

2,908 posts, read 2,894,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
The thing that I find I miss most from Columbia, SC is Miyo's/M. Cafe which did a semi-gourmet take on Chinese cuisine, especially Szechuan. Anybody know of what the closest approximation is here in the Triangle? I love to cook Szechuan and have gotten pretty good at kung pao, but sometimes you want to leave the cooking to somebody else!
Super Wok in Cary, Happy China in Durham, Gourmet Kingdom in Carrboro - I think there are a few more as well but I've only tried these. Really good authentic Szechuan!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 AM

1,359 posts, read 678,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
That's exactly what they are!
Care to elaborate on that? (as in: "how do YOU know?")

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary