U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2013, 08:39 PM

213 posts, read 284,917 times

Advertisements

A bit of a late entry, but if you're staying close to home this weekend I thought this information could be helpful. Here are some events going on this weekend:

Raleigh Beer Week - Raleigh Beer Week | August 25th, 2013 - August 31st, 2013
Durham Food Truck Rodeo
Sunday, 9/1 12:30 – 4:30

The Bull City Rumble: NC's Largest Vintage Motorcycle and Scooter Show
Sat, Aug 31: 1:00pm-12:00am

Pittsboro First Sunday Artisans Fair
Historic Downtown Pittsboro
Sun, Sep 1: 12PM - 4PM

Old Fashioned Farmers’ Day (Siler City, NC)
August 30, 2013 - September 1, 2013 (All day) - I didn't find on the web site what 'all day' means exactly

$7 adults, kids under 10 – free
Free parking, additional fee for bouncy castles

Exhibit: Dinosaurs in Motion
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
Admission: Adults: $10; Children 12 and under: $6. Museum admission is free,
(I believe this one is also open on Labor Day)

Not exactly an event but Play Nation (Morrisville) will have some open play times all weekend, including Labor Day. It's a very cool indoor playground, perfect for some rainy day fun (don't forget the socks). Prices are posted on the web site, it's $7 per child 3 years and older, parents are free. They have free wi-fi and a nice waiting area for the parents.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 05:59 AM

3,116 posts, read 3,354,063 times
Thanks for posting this!

Old 08-31-2013, 06:23 AM

920 posts, read 968,790 times
I would also throw-in the African-American Cultural Festival of Raleigh and Wake County, which takes place Saturday and Sunday on Fayetteville Street in Downtown Raleigh (African American Cultural Festival Of Raleigh And Wake County). I've attended it the last two years, and had a great time. You certainly don't have to be African-American (I'm not) to attend and enjoy it. To me, the music there has been absolutely terrific, and the arts/crafts-type stuff is a little uneven, but largely good (I actually bought a painting there last year that's now on my wall about fifteen feet away from me as I type this). I thought the food and beverage offerings were a little disappointing, but someone there last year told me that they would try to do something about that in the future. And hey, it's a free public event in Downtown Raleigh, so it is what it is. I don't think I'm going to be able to attend this year, since I have to go out of town today and tomorrow, and the festival doesn't continue through Monday (though I wish it would). But I'd recommend it, especially since the weather looks pretty good this weekend. If nothing else, it serves as a good way to get you primed and ready to head down to Fayetteville Street and vicinity for Hopscotch and SPARKcon the following two weekends, which are two of the biggest highlights of the entire year in this area.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:33 AM

3,193 posts, read 5,956,992 times
The "Art of the Brick" exhibit at the Children's Museum of Alamance County. I'm going to have to see this one myself:

The Art of the Brick

Old 08-31-2013, 12:18 PM

841 posts, read 1,026,440 times
Food Truck Rodeo tomorrow at Durham's Central Park

Food Truck Rodeo Info | Durham Central Park

Over 60 trucks
17 craft vendors
3 different live music locations

Bring a chair or blanket!

Old 08-31-2013, 01:00 PM

6,042 posts, read 5,625,929 times
Dog Show at the state fairgrounds.

There's also a gem and jewelry show there, but I wasn't able to pull it up on line. Both on Sat and Sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary