U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 04:27 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,277,065 times
My tree generally comes out of its box in the attic -- for a lot of reasons. Truth be told, I prefer a fresh cut tree, but I wrestle with my conscience over dragging one into the house to cover it in a lot of glitter and watch it die. I try to compromise, with the artificial tree and fresh greenery, like wreaths and garlands. Trader Joe's has incredible prices on nice wreaths and greenery, and holiday plants like narcissus and amaryllis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 07:46 AM

9,030 posts, read 17,979,239 times
We use a fake tree, but there is a place that sells cut trees at the intersection of Falls of Neuse and Raven Ridge Road in N. Raleigh. The sign says "Booger Mountain Christmas Trees"!

If I did buy a real tree I would probably buy it from them just beacuase of the name. It cracks me up everytime I see that sign!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:48 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,885,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welovedurham View Post
PDXMom, there was a live/organic Christmas tree lot across the street from Weaver Street Market in Carrboro. Not sure if it's still there.
I'm not sure what to make of that lot. It's still there, but I would be surprised if you could find a suitable Christmas tree there. The owner seems to have let it go, and I'm waiting for it to be plowed under to make room for a new restaurant (which would be sad, because I love that Carrboro has a year-round tree lot...)

Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 AM

3,155 posts, read 6,734,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
We use a fake tree, but there is a place that sells cut trees at the intersection of Falls of Neuse and Raven Ridge Road in N. Raleigh. The sign says "Booger Mountain Christmas Trees"!

If I did buy a real tree I would probably buy it from them just beacuase of the name. It cracks me up everytime I see that sign!
We were in Raleigh this weekend and my 7 year old son saw a sign for Booger Mountain Christmas Trees. After he read the sign aloud both he and my 4 year old daughter had a laughing fit for about 15 mins. We all had a good belly laugh over that one.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:28 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,277,065 times
There are two tree lots here on Morrisville Carpenter Road -- Ken's Nursery has some nice trees, as does Mr. Ferrell, on his farm. Both places are easy to spot from the road. Husband says he isn't sure, but he thought Ken's Nursery has trees that can be planted, as does perhaps Family Garden Supply on Hwy 55 towards Apex. They also have lovely things in their Christmas shop/area inside.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM

19,173 posts, read 29,340,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
We were in Raleigh this weekend and my 7 year old son saw a sign for Booger Mountain Christmas Trees. After he read the sign aloud both he and my 4 year old daughter had a laughing fit for about 15 mins. We all had a good belly laugh over that one.
Well, me too...

Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 AM

42 posts, read 125,259 times
Out of curiousity, what are people paying for their live trees? We used to live in MA- cut down our Fraser Firs in NH (any size 5-15ft) for $40. We bought 6.5 ft fraser fir from a tree lot in WF last year for $85 (yikes).

Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,852,490 times
I love going to Patterson Mill Country Store on Farrington Road off Hwy. 54 on the Durham/Chapel Hill border. The trees a beautiful and the country store is such a fun step back in time!
Durham, NC | Group Tours | Patterson's Mill Country Store (broken link)

Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 PM

7,283 posts, read 13,950,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnatale View Post
Out of curiousity, what are people paying for their live trees? We used to live in MA- cut down our Fraser Firs in NH (any size 5-15ft) for $40. We bought 6.5 ft fraser fir from a tree lot in WF last year for $85 (yikes).
$50-90 for that size.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,221 times
Anyone seen any balsam firs in the Triangle region? May be impossible since it only grows up north. We've always had one and couldn't bear to have any other; most fragrant Christmas tree of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary