Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times

Advertisements

I have a client that's moving to the area. Teenage son has found the vocational program for construction better-suited to his interests than the standard course of instruction where they live now.

I've searched the forum (poorly, I'm sure!) and can't find any info. Do any of the local high schools provide this branch of education today?

He is open to Wake and Johnston County. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Not that I am aware of. I tried for years to get my students in Harnett County into a voc ed program. I was told then none existed in Harnett or Johnston. The only county that may have one is Guliford or the Winston-Salem area?

Old 12-18-2015, 11:54 AM

63 posts, read 62,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not that I am aware of. I tried for years to get my students in Harnett County into a voc ed program. I was told then none existed in Harnett or Johnston. The only county that may have one is Guliford or the Winston-Salem area?
i really would love an update on this topic as i am also interested in the voc ed program, please do share if you found any in either Greensboro, Winston salem or wake,
thank you

Old 12-18-2015, 12:12 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antvok View Post
i really would love an update on this topic as i am also interested in the voc ed program, please do share if you found any in either Greensboro, Winston salem or wake,
thank you
Wake Tech has a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program for high school students who want to complete certain programs prior to graduation:

Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathway | Wake Technical Community College

Here's more information about the CTE program from the Wake County Schools website:

http://www.wcpss.net/domain/60

And here is Guilford County Schools:

http://www.gcsnc.com/pages/gcsnc/Dep..._CTE_Offerings

Otherwise, I think the typical path is to graduate from high school, and then enroll in one of the many programs at Wake Tech, or some other community college.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:35 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times
About Us / About VMCCA

may have what you are looking for, in Wake County.

excerpts:
Wake County’s new Career and Technical Education (CTE) High School is located in the former Coca-Cola plant on South Wilmington Street in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Vernon Malone College and Career Academy is a collaborative endeavor between the Wake County Public School System, Wake Technical Community College and Wake County Government. Students at the Vernon Malone CCA will be able to complete studies in one of the ten CTE programs as part of their high school graduation credits.

Through an academic foundation, paired with career-informed courses and work-based learning experiences, graduates of the Vernon Malone CCA will be prepared to continue on to a four-year university, or apply their earned credits towards an AAS degree, certificate or diploma program at Wake Technical Community College.

Vernon Malone College and Career Academy offers eight certificate/diploma programs including – Biopharmaceutical Technology (BP), Collision Repair (CL), Cosmetology (CS), Facilities Technology (FT), Geomatics Technology (GT), Nurse Aide (NA), Simulation & Game Development (SG), and Welding (WE).
*Facilities Technology is a Multi-Trades program. Facilities Technology includes coursework in Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration, Electrical Systems, Plumbing, and Welding, as well as OSHA Certification.
Wake Tech and Wake County Schools instructors' collaboration ensures that the academic programs are taught through a CTE lens. Project-based learning along with a flexible schedule creates integration between high school and college courses where work-based learning occurs during internships and pre-apprenticeships.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:40 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times
Try a Google Search for:

"vocational education" County Name

Old 12-18-2015, 07:06 PM

63 posts, read 62,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Try a Google Search for:

"vocational education" County Name
thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary