Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM

596 posts, read 1,239,244 times

Advertisements

Sorry, some people can't drive safely at 45mph much less the increased speeds to come ! Lets face it, people that should not be driving, will in fact continue to drive and this spells diaster !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 PM

51 posts, read 112,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnucch View Post
Sorry, some people can't drive safely at 45mph much less the increased speeds to come ! Lets face it, people that should not be driving, will in fact continue to drive and this spells diaster !
If they can't drive at 45, the move from 65 to 70 isn't going to make a difference. 70 is the new normal interstate speed these days. The speed limit can't be 35 everywhere.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM

260 posts, read 545,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Cool! That means traffic that currently does 70-75mph will slow down to 65mph in the fast lane, just like it did on the existing stretch of 540 that recently went up to 70mph
Oh! You've noticed this too? I thought it was only me that attracted all of the slow traffic. I drive it every day - and it doesn't matter what time since my hours vary. There are always packs of traffic, in all lanes, doing 60 to 65. Get out of the way or learn how to read speed limit signs. I'm not asking for people to go 80. I would just really like for the traffic to go at least the speed limit. Today is a perfect example. Came home at 3:30pm. All the way from Lumley Rd to around Six Forks, people were driving anywhere from 63 to 67... and the 67 was in the "fast lane".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary