Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM

14 posts, read 45,974 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to West Cary and have zoomed into Weldon Ridge community - either to buy a resale one or in the new upcoming Enclave at Weldon Ridge. Will like to understand more on the overall community, specially will be raising 2 Kids age 6 and 12. Anyone who lives in and around the area, any comments highly appreciated? Also are prices too inflate in that area vs other Cary options? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 01:40 PM

219 posts, read 483,673 times
One of my coworkers lives in that neighborhood and loves it. TONS of kids. I think the prices have settled back some from what she paid in 07-08; I know she's not happy hers is one of the most expensive homes on her block. I don't know too much else, sorry!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_2area View Post
We are relocating to West Cary and have zoomed into Weldon Ridge community - either to buy a resale one or in the new upcoming Enclave at Weldon Ridge. Will like to understand more on the overall community, specially will be raising 2 Kids age 6 and 12. Anyone who lives in and around the area, any comments highly appreciated? Also are prices too inflate in that area vs other Cary options? Thanks
What attracted you to Weldon Ridge specifically?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:58 AM

Few reasons: -
a. Good schools under this address
b. Bigger lot sizes
c. Good spacious floor plan, estate homes style in 500K range
d. Has good community
Lennar is going via bidding route which I am not personally fan of, Ashton Woods and M/I are coming up with their estate home plans but that's still in planning stage, Pulte if you add all up goes much higher than displayed price, KB homes is still upcoming and Toll is high end. So all in all was looking at Orleans.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Few reasons: -
a. Good schools under this address
b. Bigger lot sizes
c. Good spacious floor plan, estate homes style in 500K range
d. Has good community
Lennar is going via bidding route which I am not personally fan of, Ashton Woods and M/I are coming up with their estate home plans but that's still in planning stage, Pulte if you add all up goes much higher than displayed price, KB homes is still upcoming and Toll is high end. So all in all was looking at Orleans.
Did you need new construction? I would imagine that there are homes in Cary Park that are resales and fairly new that would be of higher quality than Orleans tract homes.

Same is true for Amberly, Weycroft, Cameron Pond (the side away from 540) and Highcroft. All have the same good schools you're looking for with Weldon Ridge.

This is my advice based on years of observation (I'm a native of the area and have lived in Cary on and off since the late 80s) and it's also based on the fact that my husband and I took two years and many hours of our very patient realtor's time looking for a home (we went back and forth between going ahead and trying out West Cary or staying here in NW Cary... we opted for here, but it was a personal preference). I've researched pretty much every neighborhood with homes that were from 500k and up, so I can tell you that we ruled Orleans out based on the fact that so many homes could be had for the same price that were much nicer in terms of build quality, community layout, and potential resale value.

There's my assessment.

ETA: Did you look at Westvale? Those are custom homes made by an excellent builder team and they'd be in your price range. Decent sized lots, too. Also... I notice that you are only looking to build with tract builders. Why is that?

Old 10-03-2013, 01:49 PM

Excellent feedback meh_whatever, Thanks for sharing your experiences. I did look at Westvale and their price range was much higher in 550K+ range. No specific reason for Tract either. May be due to the community and neighbourhood, but no special purpose. I was looking within 520 range and thats the only reason got to this area. Open to other options as well. Noted that either lot size is smaller or plan is not that great.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Excellent feedback meh_whatever, Thanks for sharing your experiences. I did look at Westvale and their price range was much higher in 550K+ range. No specific reason for Tract either. May be due to the community and neighbourhood, but no special purpose. I was looking within 520 range and thats the only reason got to this area. Open to other options as well. Noted that either lot size is smaller or plan is not that great.
How big a lot did you want?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Also, I'd check with Westvale. They are advertising from the upper 400s, and they do have one out there right now that's listed at 529k.

I know they have some that are more, but I think it's just in line with what people have asked for from spec homes.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
It's like a real estate bubble about to happen in West Cary. People bidding for homes pre-construction at Fryars Gate. Homes at Westvale for more than $150/sq ft. Cary Park homes for over $1M just because they face the pond.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
It's like a real estate bubble about to happen in West Cary. People bidding for homes pre-construction at Fryars Gate. Homes at Westvale for more than $150/sq ft. Cary Park homes for over $1M just because they face the pond.
I don't doubt that you are right about the prices out that way being somewhat inflated due to increased demand. I don't think that 150 per sq ft is at all odd for Westvale, though. I live in a neighborhood built by the same developer and the new construction here was selling for slightly higher than that (for similar square footage) a couple of years ago when housing sales were far worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary