Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM

360 posts, read 719,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
I was assuming that was the real plan behind the $75 million transportation bond that was passed last week.
The bonds were put up by the city, which really has little, if any involvement in the 540 project, financially or otherwise. The majority, if not all of the part being built anyhow aren't inside Raleigh city limits, so why on earth would the city put up that kind of money for land not even in its jurisdiction, if they can even do that legally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:52 PM

9,141 posts, read 14,717,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
I was assuming that was the real plan behind the $75 million transportation bond that was passed last week.
This couldn't be further from the truth. First as mentioned Raleigh has nothing to so with this project. It is not in the city limits of Raleigh and even towns where it is in their limits have nothing to do with it because it is funded with federal and state money (and probably will be tolled also). $75 million will be lucky to be 10% of the total of this project.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 PM

600 posts, read 1,219,081 times
OK, I stand happily corrected then

Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 PM

294 posts, read 828,235 times
Based on living in this area for 15 years, I'm willing to bet the orange route is a go. Pierce Olive Farm has sat there for 15 years without any movement (when everything else has been built around it). I'm willing to bet there's an offer (like the Kildaire/Holly Springs land). I would not worry about the purple route. You have the S. Cary treatment plant (pipes) along with wetlands in the way.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:43 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,896,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Except for the giant cloud hanging over their property values until this thing is finally sorted out and all the sure-to-follow litigation is resolved.
Well, it seems only 60,000 homeowners have a giant cloud hanging over their homes as we await a decision on the final route for NC540:

Quote:
There is more uncertainty now over plans to complete the 540 loop around Raleigh as the North Carolina Department of Transportation says it will study all 17 routes before deciding which one to choose.

That study will take two years to complete, and the 17 potential routes impact a huge area that could impact 60,000 homeowners -- plus parks, businesses and schools.
Homeowners cringe as NC will study 17 plans for 540 loop - Local News - Raleigh, NC | NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary