Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 07:37 AM

74 posts, read 140,879 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here know of any Theatre productions/shows(preferably close to Zebulon) that don't charge more than $10 bucks, or even better, are free!?
I need to find one for school or I'm going to be screwed for one of my classes this semester. One of our final projects is to see a show live, an if I would of noticed that from the start, like I should of, I would of dropped the class knowing it would be incredibly hard for me to do.
But yeah, I'm in it now an I'm going to HAVE to find someone to drive me somewhere, however I can't afford to go to the 20+ dollar shows from NCTheatre, so I'm hoping the good folks on City Data might know some cheaper, or perhaps free, places that aren't all that far from Zebulon! xD

Thanks so much for any help!! xD

(Edit: Not a HS performance btw =D)

Last edited by Hope & Love!; 10-11-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,132,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope & Love! View Post
Does anyone here know of any Theatre productions/shows(preferably close to Zebulon) that don't charge more than $10 bucks, or even better, are free!?
I need to find one for school or I'm going to be screwed for one of my classes this semester. One of our final projects is to see a show live, an if I would of noticed that from the start, like I should of, I would of dropped the class knowing it would be incredibly hard for me to do.
But yeah, I'm in it now an I'm going to HAVE to find someone to drive me somewhere, however I can't afford to go to the 20+ dollar shows from NCTheatre, so I'm hoping the good folks on City Data might know some cheaper, or perhaps free, places that aren't all that far from Zebulon! xD

Thanks so much for any help!! xD
Call the nearest high school.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM

74 posts, read 140,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Call the nearest high school.

It has to be an actual theatre group/company, not HS kids.
Thank you though, my mum suggested the same thing when I asked her!! lol

Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope & Love! View Post
It has to be an actual theatre group/company, not HS kids.
Thank you though, my mum suggested the same thing when I asked her!! lol
College theatre work? Meredith does affordable shows. Students can get in for 5 bucks.

Here's one for 13 bucks starting Nov 1 at RLT that is legitimate theatre: Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! | Raleigh Little Theatre

Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 AM

I doubt you'll find a ton of theatre in Zebulon.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:47 AM

494 posts, read 813,747 times
Raleigh Little Theatre has some cheaper shows than NC Theatre. Spring Amakening tickets for last Sunday were $12.

Stars Theater and Art | Stars Theater offers music, art, dance & drama classes & performances for all ages from Puppet Theater to Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. Join our events or create your own by renting the theater, ballroom, dance studio or loft has community theater events from time to time.

Groupon and Living Social sell deals sometimes for shows. I think NC Theatre has student nights as well.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
Raleigh Little Theatre has some cheaper shows than NC Theatre. Spring Amakening tickets for last Sunday were $12.

Stars Theater and Art | Stars Theater offers music, art, dance & drama classes & performances for all ages from Puppet Theater to Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. Join our events or create your own by renting the theater, ballroom, dance studio or loft has community theater events from time to time.

Groupon and Living Social sell deals sometimes for shows. I think NC Theatre has student nights as well.
Yeah. Last Sunday was first Sunday. That's the cheap show.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 AM

Also try NRACT:

Carrie: The Musical - NRACT

They have a 10-dollar Halloween showing of that one. And regular nights there is a student discount. Fabulous director.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM

494 posts, read 813,747 times
Theatre In The Park | Live theatre in the heart of Raleigh, North Carolina. has some $16 shows for students.

Main Stage Shows | Burning Coal Theatre Company offers $5 student Rush tickets.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM

311 posts, read 885,765 times
Check out Forest Moon Theatre in Wake Forest. They have a show closing on the 12th.
Forest Moon Theater | Wake Forest's Community Theater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary