U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 AM

1,420 posts, read 4,447,256 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a quality company to repair/replace a section of driveway? I had a tree removed and subsequently, part of the driveway sank and cracked. If you know of a company that does good work, please share! TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 AM

152 posts, read 314,137 times
I recommend Certified Concrete Construction. Talk to Johnny. They poured a patio for us a couple weeks ago and did a fantastic job. Lowest also of all the 3 bids I received. 919-781-5575

Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 PM

1,420 posts, read 4,447,256 times
Thanks Esteban. He suggested I may want to contact a smaller company which does more residential (rather than commercial) work.

Anyone else know of a good company?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:57 PM

3,149 posts, read 6,950,773 times
I know the owner of Titan concrete and know how much pride he takes in his name and ensures the quality of the work.

Titan Concrete, Inc.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:04 AM

202 posts, read 297,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I know the owner of Titan concrete and know how much pride he takes in his name and ensures the quality of the work.

Titan Concrete, Inc.

Perhaps you could contact him to and inquire as to why he neglected to show up for our scheduled appointment to quote a patio and refuses to respond to texts and phone calls.

But seriously, what a crappy way to run a company. I was really interested in what Titan had to offer until I wasted my Saturday morning waiting for someone to NOT show up.

And the F rating on BBB isn't all that impressive either.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 AM

3,149 posts, read 6,950,773 times
^Not sure why he would fail to show. Ill let him know but it's not my place to suggest how he should run his business. I think you are doing a good job by letting others know of your dissatisfaction. Let the free market work. I can only speak from personal experience about the driveway extension he did for me but, then again, I know the owner. Don't think he'll make it very far by simply doing good work for only friends.

As far as the BBB rating, using them as a reliable source of information on the credibility of a business is like using Wikipedia as a source on a college report. Simply holds no value.

In fact, if you look further you'll see there are only 2 complaints which compared to the amount of work they do is nothing. Read the complaints. Just keep in mind you are only reading one side of the story. Some customers can never be made satisfied.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 AM

2,466 posts, read 2,826,852 times
These guys use concrete injection to raise the lowered piece. I tried to use them to raise my front porch concrete but the way the foundation was structured it did not allow them to do their work. However, I was really impressed with the owner.

Concrete Raising North Carolina

Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM

10,696 posts, read 20,114,276 times
When they do it, make sure they tie it in with the other slabs by slotting in rebar to the other slabs. Otherwise you will end up in the same situation in another year or two. In my neighborhood someone replaced the lower portion of their driveway and they neglected to tie it in and its sinking again.

It doesn't take much, a hammer drill and a bit for standard rebar.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:35 PM

149 posts, read 347,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
^Not sure why he would fail to show. Ill let him know but it's not my place to suggest how he should run his business. I think you are doing a good job by letting others know of your dissatisfaction. Let the free market work. I can only speak from personal experience about the driveway extension he did for me but, then again, I know the owner. Don't think he'll make it very far by simply doing good work for only friends.

As far as the BBB rating, using them as a reliable source of information on the credibility of a business is like using Wikipedia as a source on a college report. Simply holds no value.

In fact, if you look further you'll see there are only 2 complaints which compared to the amount of work they do is nothing. Read the complaints. Just keep in mind you are only reading one side of the story. Some customers can never be made satisfied.
You're right the BBB may not be the best source of reviews .. in fact you can actually purchase an accreditation and that boosts your letter grade pretty darn fast.

But purchasing accreditation = agreeing to policies with the BBB, and that does include making a good faith effort to resolve claims.

But even with that .. I think the problem here may be responsiveness .. it looks as if both stradt03 and the BBB are showing the same behavior .. responsiveness issues. I can't see how an F with BBB even with 2 reviews ='s a good faith effort made to resolve claims. Hence stradt03's review and the BBB's review may actually make sense.

If he's your friend maybe you should show him the BBB reviews and mention that there are folks on one of the most prominent local forums (perhaps THE most prominent) noting this kinda stuff .. could only help him improve his business long term

[note, I have never used Titan .. am just commenting in an indifferent way based on the BBB and the posts above...]

Old 10-13-2013, 07:57 PM

11,543 posts, read 17,880,077 times
For those who have been getting driveway quotes, is there a good ballpark figure per s.f. on a new driveway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary