Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:36 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times

Advertisements

Cary has a USA Baby that is a pretty good store. Its no superstore, but we found a good selection of stuff and good prices there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 07:39 AM

101 posts, read 594,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
What is Babies R us? Have never seen one of those? Is that a Jersey or Long Island thing?
Lots of Babies-r-Us in Jersey! I practically lived there while I was pregnant. Thousands of babies items from diapers to nursery furniture all under one roof.

Taryn

Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,084,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
Cary has a USA Baby that is a pretty good store. Its no superstore, but we found a good selection of stuff and good prices there.

USA Baby seems like an upscale store and I wouldn't go in there looking for diapers, formula, bottles, pacifiers, clothing, etc. USA Baby is a nice store & I'm glad it's here, but it just doesn't cut it. Maybe if you go to Target, Walmart, Kmart, USA Baby, Toys R Us, & Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot you'd find everything you were looking for. It's frustrating to go to so many different stores to find things when you can just drive 30 minutes and find it all at one store.

I want a Babies R Us here! LOL I'm grateful there is one within a small drive tho.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:37 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
We clipped coupons and shopped sales and came out better than BRU prices most of the time. Were is the Baby USA? I noticed the one in Swift Creek shopping center on Tryon is either out of business or has moved.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:42 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,592 times
USA Baby is in the same shopping center as the Toys R Us in Cary now. Babies R Us stores are located all over the country, not just NY/NJ. USA Baby had a nice selection of carseats and strollers when I was there...meaning they had a lot of brands other than Graco and Evenflo. I know BRU carries a few, but if you want a better variety of upper end seats and strollers USA Baby is a better place to go IMO.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
I had no idea it was over there and I go to Crossroads all the time! I guess you don't pay as much attention when you don't have a baby at home anymore, but I have lots of friends and family who are expecting, so it's great to know it's over there!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,084,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker4life View Post
They don't need a Babies R' Us. They need a decent infant section in Walmart and Target.
Have you been in Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot? I'm quite surprised there hasn't been some sort of lawsuit against them. You've got tons of pregnant women coming in your store so make it hard for them to navigate through it & put stuff in the way so you have to squeeze past to look at anything. It's an obstacle course and an accident waiting to happen. The store is a DUMP! I'll still go there, but I prefer the nice wide aisles and all the light of a BRU.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:56 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,064 times
I was just thinking this on my LONG ride to BRU this weekend. Got there and they STILL didn't have a decent oven lock. They told me to try Home Depot. UGH!! I definitely think we need some type of big toy/baby store down in southwest Wake county.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
I was just thinking this on my LONG ride to BRU this weekend. Got there and they STILL didn't have a decent oven lock. They told me to try Home Depot. UGH!! I definitely think we need some type of big toy/baby store down in southwest Wake county.
Home Depot or Lowes is not a bad idea....they both have a large selection of baby-proofing items.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
What is Babies R us? Have never seen one of those? Is that a Jersey or Long Island thing?
Dan you don't want to find out! There's nothing more depressing than a Babies R Us on a Sunday during Football season. The look on a first time fathers face as he tries to understand why one stroller "matches" better then the last three (and wonders what the score is!).

Do I sound like I have experienced this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary