U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 AM

1,356 posts, read 3,468,264 times

Advertisements

What are the best thrift stores to shop at for maternity clothes? I tried the Goodwill in Brier Creek thinking it would be good (quite a drive, too- I live in Garner!) and they had nothing. It's set up by color with everything mixed in, but after 45 minutes I still didn't see a single piece of maternity clothing so I called it quits. I also went to Missions Thrift on Millbrook. They have a really teeny maternity section but I did get a pair of $1.50 Motherhood Maternity pants there! Any ideas of good places to go? I don't mind a bit of a drive. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 AM

7,754 posts, read 6,114,541 times
call the Jr League Bargain Box in Cameron Village first. I'd also google "consignment maternity clothes" or "Thrift shop maternity" because some of the consignment boutiques in downtown Raleigh area could very well have maternity clothes.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 AM

423 posts, read 936,666 times
Many of the kid consignment shops carry maternity clothes. Craigslist is another good place to look.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:06 PM

413 posts, read 740,337 times
Passages Consignments on Old Wake Forest has maternity wear.
As others have said, some of the Kids' consignment stores have
maternity clothes also. Congratulation.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:08 PM

271 posts, read 546,815 times
Red Hen in Chapel Hill. It's more of a "consignment boutique," and not a thrift store, but it does have gently used maternity clothes for a better price than buying new. And you can pick up some cute kiddo things, too.

Oh, also. Are you on Freecycle for your area? You can post "wanted" and might be able to get some clothes. I actually got a few decent maternity items a couple years ago when someone happened to post them on Freecycle for Durham. Might be worth a shot anyway.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Ooooh, I go by Passages every single day on my way to work!!!

I did go to the consignment sale in Smithfield the other week and got a really pretty top; I'll check to see what others I can go to. Thanks for the ideas!

Old 10-12-2013, 08:08 PM

84 posts, read 210,639 times
I checked out all the consignment stores in the area when I was pregnant earlier this year and didn't find much either. This isn't consignment but, I LOVE Japanese Weekend. They only have one store, it's in San Francisco but, their website is awesome. You can get some really great deals when their stuff goes on sale which is practically every other week. All their clothes are made in the US and the quality is by far and away better than anything you can find in Motherhood, Pea in a Pod, etc. Just wanted to give you another option.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:12 PM

39 posts, read 78,370 times
I noticed the resale store Kid to Kid in Apex has lots to choose from! I bet if you call they can give you an idea on prices

Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,801 times
Once Upon a Child in Cary, NC. Small maternity section, but well organized. Their kid selections for clothes/toys are wonderful.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:25 AM

Following back up on this, in case anyone is ever in the Dunn area, there is a consignment store called Lily Frogs Boutique that has a pretty big section of inexpensive maternity clothes. I got a shirt and jacket for under $15, plus they have a ton of other things! Going to check out the Cary and Apex recs later this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary