U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 01:32 PM

3,154 posts, read 3,819,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
They would not take it...said they were full and it would be killed.
Are you sure you were at the SPCA, off Tryon Road? They do not take animals directly from the public, but also are a no-kill shelter. Here is their page on surrendering animals.
SPCA of Wake County: SPCA of Wake County FAQ about No-Kill

The SPCA usually refers people to the Wake County Animal Center office off New Bern Ave. They will take all animals, but often have to make tough decisions as to who gets to stay and for how long. Here is their page on surrendering animals
Surrendering a Pet

Old 10-13-2013, 04:33 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,383,413 times
If euthanasia bothers you, couldn't you list it on an adoption site? Just include some tear jerking story and some bleeding heart who doesn't understand that animals defecate, make noise, and destroy stuff will come running to take care of it..

Old 10-13-2013, 04:41 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,927,556 times
Please tell them you fear for cats safety and above all get help for your son before he starts hurting people. There is a correlation.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM

835 posts, read 2,522,929 times
I have been out of the home for 7 months, and the cat has only been there for 4 months.

I have suggested to my husband that when he calls a few more places tomorrow that he informs them of the situation. Maybe they might reconsider taking the cat. As tempting as it sounds, I am not going to lie and say we found the cat.

About getting my son help...as I said he has refused. When he was under age, and I was still living in the home, we had him in counseling. He was even on medication for a short time but it caused some undesirable side effects, so he stopped taking it and has refused to try anything else. The counselor felt he could not offer much help because my son would not stop smoking weed long enough for a proper assessment to be done. I wanted to send him to a teen challenge type program but the kids have to be willing to go...can't force them. I gave him an ultimatum to go or leave our home. He chose to leave and came back the following morning and talked my husband into letting him come back inside, promising he would go to teen challenge. Once inside he changed his mind about going. My husband refused to make him leave again. Long story short, I no longer live there, as I have said.

I have probably shared way too much already, so if you don't mind, could we please just keep this thread about the cat. Thank you.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilliekat View Post
Tried that...safe haven and craigs list.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Are you sure you were at the SPCA, off Tryon Road? They do not take animals directly from the public, but also are a no-kill shelter. Here is their page on surrendering animals.
SPCA of Wake County: SPCA of Wake County FAQ about No-Kill

The SPCA usually refers people to the Wake County Animal Center office off New Bern Ave. They will take all animals, but often have to make tough decisions as to who gets to stay and for how long. Here is their page on surrendering animals
Surrendering a Pet
The link brings you to the one on Beacon Lake Dr. which has refused it.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:30 AM

277 posts, read 575,480 times
Maybe ask at local vets' offices to see if you can hang a flyer advertising a free cat. I see those sometimes when I take my dog in for his check ups. I'm not sure how much good they do but at least it's trying something with your target audience.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:02 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,274,456 times
Give Purr Partners at the Wake Forest Petsmart a call.
Unfortunately right now there are so many kittens that the rescues are on overload.

I have had luck with putting ads on Craigslist.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:10 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,274,456 times
- Purr Partners Feline Rescue - Youngsville, NC Rescue Animals

Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 AM

33,141 posts, read 39,090,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
They would not take it...said they were full and it would be killed.
Try some other options for pet adoption.
https://www.google.ca/#q=pet+adoptio...3A&safe=active
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary