U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM

4,827 posts, read 6,929,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilliekat View Post
BIG harm in posting on Craigs List!! Don't you know that lowlives scour the Craigs List ads to get cats, puppies, kittens, rabbbits, etc to use as bait for dog fights or for snake food???

NEVER EVER list an animal for adoption on Craigs List!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:58 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
BIG harm in posting on Craigs List!! Don't you know that lowlives scour the Craigs List ads to get cats, puppies, kittens, rabbbits, etc to use as bait for dog fights or for snake food???

NEVER EVER list an animal for adoption on Craigs List!!!!!!!!!!!!
ditto- bad idea.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM

126 posts, read 154,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
ditto- bad idea.
PLEASE DO NOT LIST PETS ON CRAIGSLIST...EVER. Many times very bad things happen to these animals. Fellow posters gave some great suggestions on how to have the cat adopted. I am fairly new to the area so can't comment on organizations that would take the cat. Please, I beg you, don't let harm come to this animal....it didn't ask to be in this situation. Good luck.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:12 PM

51 posts, read 69,309 times
gee whiz - OK OK don't post on Craigslist. How is that ANY different from posting "free kittens to a good home" in the newspaper like we used to do before the internet? Or the kids in the parking lot at Walmart giving away free kittens and puppies? Don't slam me for trying to use situations that were tried and true in the past...this cat is apparently getting abused NOW.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times
You don't know those methods were tried and true in the past. I'm sure many free animals given away in parking lots met unfortunate demise.
At least the OP is somewhat concerned about the cat. She is trying like heck to do the right thing and does not want to have the cat abused any further or PTS at a kill shelter. She is to be commended.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,019,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
At least the OP is somewhat concerned about the cat. She is trying like heck to do the right thing and does not want to have the cat abused any further or PTS at a kill shelter. She is to be commended.
agree.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:00 PM

34 posts, read 38,297 times
I definitely don't want to start a Craigslist Cat War, but I can say that I got my cat from someone on CL and a friend did too. I hope that one of the other options works out, but if it doesn't there are questions you can ask and things you can do to minimize the risk of a bad online adoption.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM

467 posts, read 1,552,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
The link brings you to the one on Beacon Lake Dr. which has refused it.
They can't and won't refuse your pet -what they will do is advise you that they are overfull, and euthanasia is a real possibility.

If your kid is abusing the cat, humane euthanasia is a better option. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of pets or people who dump them, and so you are going to be hardpressed to find any group that welcomes your owner surrendered pet with open arms and a happily ever after promise.

Last edited by Lisalrenee; 10-14-2013 at 06:10 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 05:05 PM

768 posts, read 2,422,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
They would not take it...said they were full and it would be killed.
SPCA have no-kill policy so I doubt that's true...

Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM

3,150 posts, read 3,817,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRDU View Post
I definitely don't want to start a Craigslist Cat War, but I can say that I got my cat from someone on CL and a friend did too.
The problem is mostly when people post an animal for free on CL. When there is an adoption fee* involved, there is less chance for it to end badly for the animal.

* CL prohibits selling of animals, but allows a rehoming adoption fee.
https://forums.craigslist.org/?act=sticky&ID=17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary