Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 AM

39 posts, read 86,004 times

Advertisements

Anybody know of any good haunted houses or Halloween attractions? The Raleigh Jaycees used to do a really good one but I don't think they do it anymore(?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 AM

924 posts, read 2,102,408 times
I'm pretty sure the Jaycees are doing their haunted house-thing again this year. They have a website, and their Twitter (though not their Facebook) appear to be current:

2011 Raleigh Jaycees Terror at Possum Creek

Twitter

Terror at Possum Creek: No Vacancy - Local Business - Raleigh, NC | Facebook

Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 AM

187 posts, read 803,249 times
Phillips Farm in Cary has a haunted farm house, haunted corn maze, & haunted hayride... My daughter went with some friends last night & came home freaked out ;-) said it was scary

Old 10-13-2012, 09:20 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Anyone been last year or any this year? I've been to the Raleigh Jaycee's house and wasn't impressed.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 PM

39 posts, read 86,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Anyone been last year or any this year? I've been to the Raleigh Jaycee's house and wasn't impressed.
I completely forgot about starting this thread last year!

I agree, I used to go to the Raleigh Jaycee's haunted house every year but last year I was very disappointed so I don't think i'll be paying them a visit this year. However, I have been to a few other haunted houses in the area...or state. I would highly recommend these if you don't mind a little drive (they are SO worth the longer drive):

Mountain of Terror (Asheboro) - I went to this one last weekend, by far the scariest / most thrilling one I have been to! It was about an hour and a half drive from my home in Cary.

Woods of Terror (Greensboro) - This one wasn't as scary as Mountain of Terror but it was still fun! They have the most attractions of all the haunted houses in the State I think, but you're forced to walk through them one after the other so by the end you're over the whole being scared thing. This one was about an hour drive from my house (Mapquest says 1.5 hours but i'm a...speedy driver) Sidenote: this one has some very tight spaces, I consider myself a fit person but even I had trouble fitting through some spots.

Clayton Fear Farm (Clayton) - I'm putting this one on here mainly due to proximity. It is about 40 minutes from my house but isn't as scary as the others. They do have a corn maze that's pretty difficult to get through. It's still a lot of fun though so definitely pay it a visit!

I have many more haunted attraction visits planned across the state this month so i'll keep y'all informed on how they go!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,318 times
There's also the Original Hollywood Horror Show in Snow Camp, NC (near Burlington).

http://www.originalhollywoodhorrorshow.com

Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,149,804 times
Are there any close to Raleigh that are worth checking out. Like within a 30 minute drive? It seems like Clayton and the Snow Camp one are the two closest that are worth the admission price. I have some guests coming into town this weekend and I need something for them to do Monday night while I'm in a class. Clayton Fear Farm is closed on Monday (the week before Halloween what?!) and I'm kind of worried about sending them all the way to Snow Camp since they're not familiar with the area at all and I might never see them again if they get lost on the way there haha.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM

242 posts, read 593,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeh View Post
Phillips Farm in Cary has a haunted farm house, haunted corn maze, & haunted hayride... My daughter went with some friends last night & came home freaked out ;-) said it was scary
I agree...Philips Farm in Cary is great!

Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM

3 posts, read 9,994 times
Are there any new haunted attractions this year?

Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM

289 posts, read 489,246 times
Segway Raleigh has a Darkest Secrets Tour in Raleigh. Probably not scary, but it sounds like fun! My husband and daughter did Segway for the first time this summer and had a BLAST!

The is also a haunted footsteps tour downtown that looks like fun. Nothing like a haunted house, but it looks like fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary