U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM

540 posts, read 691,302 times

Advertisements

There’s a new Chinese restaurant in the Leesville Town Center at Strickland/Leesville called Peace China. It replaces the Asian Café that was there, which IMO, is good thing. The new place is marketed as using fresh ingredients at very attractive prices. They also have a place downtown in Seaboard Station.

The interior seems to be opened up and is much brighter and less cave-like. Definitely nicer than typical strip mall Chinese places and to me a viable place to eat in.

Had lunch there on Saturday. My significant-other ordered the Curry Chicken. Very ample portion and tasted good. I ordered the Thai Basil Chicken. They must still be working some kinks in the kitchen because my order came out three or four minutes ahead of the other order and was not hot.

The waiter took it back and I heard the owner in the kitchen tell the staff to make a new order and issue a gift card. The next order was fine. The prices do appear to be a little cheaper than what I remember from the old place.

I had not noticed the change in restaurants and only learned of the new place because of a coupon that came in those coupon packs in the mail. I hope the owners can make this place work. I enjoyed it and it’s nice to have an eat-in place in that area that is attractive and inexpensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 02:05 PM

181 posts, read 326,816 times
I thought the same thing regarding the interior; I liked the more wide open/ brighter concept. Also like the change to "fast casual" as opposed to the full waiter/waitress style.

As you already said, food was pretty good and fairly priced. The new owners seem to be trying their best to satisfy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary