U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 10:01 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,396,025 times

Advertisements

What time of day is the traffic heaviest coming from Greensboro on the last Saturday of the Fair? Is it more or less crowded tha last weekend? Is I-40 backed up very bad?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 AM

15,737 posts, read 23,977,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
the food is of dubious quality, .
Understatement of the century!

Cannot imagine chaperoning a field trip to the state fair. CANNOT.IMAGINE. That's a trip that would make me too nervous NOT to though.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:32 AM

19 posts, read 18,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
This year I'm prepared and saved a bunch on early purchase tix online including a big discount plus one free adult entry ticket.
Discount aside from advance or group purchase? And how did you get free ticket?

Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 AM

9,955 posts, read 10,243,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
My two sons both did school field trips to the fair back in kindy. My daughter's class didn't.

Chaperoning those was rough.
Well, they go as 4th and 5th graders so a little better than Kindies. They also don't do any rides at all just look at the educational stuff and buy a trinket or two. Not sure I can handle chaperoning, but if they really need extra hands...

Old 10-18-2013, 10:08 AM

33,066 posts, read 26,889,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Understatement of the century!

Cannot imagine chaperoning a field trip to the state fair. CANNOT.IMAGINE. That's a trip that would make me too nervous NOT to though.
That is exactly why I did do it. Twice. It was a harrowing experience, to say the least.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM

33,066 posts, read 26,889,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Well, they go as 4th and 5th graders so a little better than Kindies. They also don't do any rides at all just look at the educational stuff and buy a trinket or two. Not sure I can handle chaperoning, but if they really need extra hands...
That would be SO much easier than the little ones. And ours didn't do rides either. Just petting zoo, some educational exhibits, and some trinkets and such. They got a snack someplace, but I forget where. It was fun for the kids. I felt like I needed GPS tracking on every kid, though. The crowds of school children were large each time!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,274,456 times
53 and 55 here and we wouldn't miss it!
We went opening day and the crowds were wonderful. We did miss the cow milking (starts today) as well as the Mill but we had a great time.
You have to see the pig racing! So fun!

If you can't afford it I understand but don't be a downer and go if you can!
We had fun sharing with our out of state guest . . she's been to the Orange County and Pomona fair but nothing compares to ours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary