Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 PM

351 posts, read 690,358 times

Advertisements

I saw the shooting thread and it reminded me there used to be a place in Cary near RTP that taught archery as well as how to shoot a gun. I tried archery and I thought it was fun. I'd enjoy doing that again some time. That place closed (I believe). Are there any other places in or near Cary that teaches archery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 07:07 PM

9,123 posts, read 14,668,112 times
There is the Durham Co Wildlife club which is practically in RTP. Not sure if they have archery.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:42 AM

556 posts, read 946,416 times
I recall a thread in this forums from 2012 about places to learn archery, which had become popular due to the Hunger Games books and movies. It is here http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...n-archery.html and mentioned Lifetime Archery. It claims that the Durham County Wildlife Club near Research Triangle Park, NC has outdoor archery instruction

Old 10-19-2013, 09:49 AM

78 posts, read 160,178 times
Default Durham County Wildlife Club in RTP - suggest you contact them

Suggest you call the Durham County Wildlife Club out in RTP. Its not far from Cary and seemed to have a very active archery program (I wasn't involved in archery there, but the archery facilities and activities were obvious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azile View Post
I saw the shooting thread and it reminded me there used to be a place in Cary near RTP that taught archery as well as how to shoot a gun. I tried archery and I thought it was fun. I'd enjoy doing that again some time. That place closed (I believe). Are there any other places in or near Cary that teaches archery?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM

351 posts, read 690,358 times
Wow! Thanks! I'll look in to that. I have a friend who went with me at the one that was in Cary (or RTP?) and I thought when she visits again, she may want to try it again.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:18 AM

49 posts, read 162,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
I recall a thread in this forums from 2012 about places to learn archery, which had become popular due to the Hunger Games books and movies. It is here http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...n-archery.html and mentioned Lifetime Archery. It claims that the Durham County Wildlife Club near Research Triangle Park, NC has outdoor archery instruction
+1 for Lifetime Archery at NC Hunter Supply in Raleigh! I've been shooting at their leagues since I moved down here. The guys who work there are great, they won't steer you wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary