U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 AM

11,809 posts, read 27,494,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by islander03 View Post
Just read this WSJ article this morning about land prices softening and builders like Lennar are cancelling or re-negotiating their transactions. It mentions a Lennar transaction in Durham NC.

Land Prices Hit the Brakes as New-Home Sales Skid - WSJ.com
Just like BigTen said, the real estate market is cyclic.

I had a client that purchase a Lennar townhome last year. We got $10,000 off the price, garage, screen porch, closing costs paid, all appliances. They weren't selling as well or as fast as Lennar wanted them to.

Then comes November of last year and they were selling like crazy...two per week!

So, I bring client #2. No more screen porch, no more $10,000 off. We still got closing costs paid and a fridge, no washer/dryer, no garage door opener.

This n'hood is almost sold out. I'm happy for client #1 that prices went up so much and so quickly. I wasn't as happy for client #2 but the prices have continued to go up and she still thought the price we got was a good one. And since both of my clients intend to live there at least 5 years, we'll have to wait to see what happens.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 12:41 PM

377 posts, read 675,447 times
I bought a Lennar Townhome in Feb 2012. It was right before the market got really hot again.

The entire subdivision is now sold out, and some of the last few places similar to mine have seen a nice appreciation.

People are selling houses and townhomes for 25-30k more than they paid for them in just over a year and a half. There's always a little bit of luck in real estate and buying in the right location at the right time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary