U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 AM

660 posts, read 1,639,221 times

Advertisements

I miss them at Saltbox Village too. Both the Cary Parkway and Cameron Village locations are a little out of my way. Thanks for letting us know about this; I'm emailing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 06:45 AM

4,188 posts, read 9,817,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
There is one on SW Cary Parkway and one in Cameron Village.
The Fresh Market

It's a bit of a boutique grocery store, NC-Owned. Atmospheric.
Quality meats and produce, and a bit pricey.
Varieties of food that you don't see everywhere.

I stop in the one in Cary routinely and use it like a convenience store. Bananas are $.10/lb more, but it is easy in and out, and I can get a coffee slurp sample, maybe a taste of wine, and they have the BEST flat choc chip cookies.
They also have a HUGE bulk food section - nuts, snack mixes, candy, etc. Huge displays of seasonal candy at appropriate times. Nice baked good selection (not all made in store). I used to like their prepared foods before becoming vegan, now I still get veggie sushi at least once a week. Their produce prices can be less than Whole Foods for the same item (i.e. organic lettuce). I guess it's a bit like any mid-upper level grocery store - some deals to be had if you know where to look but it's not going to be anything like Food Lion, or Harris Teeter with doubled coupons and whatnot. I probably wouldn't drive to one like I do Whole Foods/Trader Joe's but since it's convenient I stop in fairly often.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:09 PM

7,702 posts, read 10,083,611 times
I will have to say, this seems a bit weird. Maybe Fresh Market is different, but it would be pretty unusual for a company to do something like this.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM

15,753 posts, read 23,998,422 times
Quote:
I stop in the one in Cary routinely and use it like a convenience store. .
I'm impressed Mike, business must be booming. I'm still using Kangaroo as a convenience store!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,479,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I'm impressed Mike, business must be booming. I'm still using Kangaroo as a convenience store!

Apparently now IS the perfect time to buy a house.

I live near the one on Cary Pkwy, and go there on occasion. IMO, mostly more expensive than even Whole Foods, but like others said, some items are better, some worse. Can't argue that quality is really good there. (I like their coffee beans too.)

Old 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM

31,633 posts, read 55,362,882 times
Quote:
Fresh Market has better, and cheaper, bananas.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM

31,633 posts, read 55,362,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I will have to say, this seems a bit weird. Maybe Fresh Market is different, but it would be pretty unusual for a company to do something like this.
Do you think it is some wishful guerilla politicking?

Similar to pols who give out their opponent's phone number, although in that case only in hopes of jamming their lines?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 PM

15,753 posts, read 23,998,422 times
Quote:
Fresh Market has better, and cheaper, bananas.

I bet. I have to avoid Fresh Market, the whole place is one big impulse buy for me!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 PM

33,093 posts, read 26,911,655 times
Quote:
Get with it... it's the Cary thing to do.

They pump gas for those of us in the know. While we wait in the parking lot.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:15 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,489,796 times
Default Fresh Market needs to consider a store in West Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenbro View Post
I was picking up some Chinese food at China Cary the other night. There was a sign on the door that went something like this: "The Fresh Market is considering renting space in this shopping center. They want to know that they will have a customer base. Please email realestate@thefreshmarket.com to let them know."

This will be a great addition to this side of Cary...not to mention, Hemlock Plaza could use some work!
If Fresh Market had any imagination they would consider opening a new store in West Cary somewhere in Green Level / Okelly Chapel area. Currently in the area west of NC55 there must be 25,000 people served by ONE Harris Teeter, with no other commercial development until Parkside Commons opens in 2014. Why would they consider opening a store within easy reach of an existing store when there is a huge potential customer base waiting for Fresh Market or Whole Food Market? Maybe everyone from West Cary needs to send an email encouraging Fresh Market to consider investing there instead, maybe even taking space in Parkside Commons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary