U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 05:40 PM

545 posts, read 941,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Dad View Post
That's great. Thanks meh_whatever. Big part of our life revolves around our home, backyard, and our subdivision streets, since we have pre-school age kids. So the home and subdivision are of prime importance. Another part involves outside activities for the kids (swimming, sports, music classes, park if weather is good, occasional dining out, etc.). Those need to be within "reasonable" driving distance (15-20 minute drive). Once in a while, my wife and I get a small break for grown up activities (dining out, movie, etc.)
This pretty much sums up Cary and Apex. I rarely have to drive more than 20 minutes to get to anything, and when I do it seems a bit annoying. This place is very convenient!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM

31,591 posts, read 55,295,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Dad View Post
Mike - Abbington looks good online. Looks like their price range is similar to Bella Casa's Estates, which we came across online recently. So, how would you compare these two communities then?
There is a broad price range in Abbington, since Stratford at Abbington is newer with a bit larger lots and higher spec homes, and the older section has slightly smaller homes at a step down in price.
Of course, nothing new is going in at Abbington, as Stratford was built out a couple of years ago.
Comparing to the Estates?
Well, it would be very hard to turn down a JP Swain Abbington resale, I think.

Location?
I would prefer Abbington, due to proximity to US-64, NC-540, and Beaver Creek Shopping. Add in a quick pop to Jordan Lake out US-64, and many bases are covered. And I would also suggest selecting wisely considering lot location in Abbington, to not back to the busy roads, US-64 and Kelly Road. But that leaves many alternatives in the neighborhood.

Bella Casa borders the Apex Nature Park, which will be a fabulous amenity.
Abbington has swim and tennis facilities, and a very well supported swim team.

And both communities will fulfill your desire for suburbia.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM

27 posts, read 113,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
This pretty much sums up Cary and Apex. I rarely have to drive more than 20 minutes to get to anything, and when I do it seems a bit annoying. This place is very convenient!
That's great!

Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,846,910 times
The two communities are very similar. I think you'd be happy in either one. I actually looked at a house in the Manors at Bella Casa yesterday. I liked the huge park/community (apex nature park.)sports center going in nearby. I think Abbington is nice as well. It seems to me that Cary is a little further along with some of its development, but I think Apex has a nicer/more quaint downtown area.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:53 PM

27 posts, read 113,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
The two communities are very similar. I think you'd be happy in either one. I actually looked at a house in the Manors at Bella Casa yesterday. I liked the huge park/community (apex nature park.)sports center going in nearby. I think Abbington is nice as well. It seems to me that Cary is a little further along with some of its development, but I think Apex has a nicer/more quaint downtown area.

That's great! Thanks MB. What sports center going in nearby? Is that for Bella Casa use? Since you looked at the Manors, did you feel that the Manors have a better location than the Estates (relative to outside traffic) or vice versa or are they all relatively private?

Last edited by Suburban Dad; 10-22-2013 at 06:03 PM..

Old 10-22-2013, 06:09 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,846,910 times
It's the Town of Apex park going in basically across the street from Bella casa. I think you really have to consider the individual lots as some are better than others. I believe the price point is higher in the Manors section. There were some nice homes going in there.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM

4,188 posts, read 9,810,360 times
I absolutely love Abbington.. if I had $$$ to spend and wanted a bigger house, that's where I'd live!

Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 PM

39 posts, read 78,346 times
We moved here from so Cal a little over a year ago and rented for 1 year in western cary. We drove neighborhoods every weekend looking for the place we wanted to buy. We also read as much and researched the school system the best we could to figure out where we'd like our 4 yr old to go to school (i know assignments could change) then we were able to zero in on an area. We liked Scotts mill, and dogwood ridge. We also liked abbington ( but out of olive chapel es zoning). Then our realtor suggested we checkout Bella Casa....as soon as we entered the subdivision we noticed there were younger children and families out everywhere...for not too much more we bought a brand new home. We moved in 2 months ago and couldnt be happier!! It seems when you move into a new subdivision all the neighboors are new so people are trying harder to get to know each other.
Also not sure if you know about Apex Nature Park, 160acres within walking distance. You can check it out on the city of apex website. There is also plans for a new highschool to be built next year a mile away. Coming from CA, it will be a big change but sounds like you will love it!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 PM

15,720 posts, read 23,949,403 times
Bella Casa does feel more the middle of nowhere. Would not want to drive around there at night, but I have terrible night vision so maybe that's me.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 PM

33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Bella Casa does feel more the middle of nowhere. Would not want to drive around there at night, but I have terrible night vision so maybe that's me.
Yeah. I hate dark, country roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary