Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2006, 09:49 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times

Advertisements

Hi. What nice areas, short, easy commute, new construction maybe, under 200K, would you recommend looking at if I were to work in the UNCC/Durham/Duke University areas??? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
I take it you're looking for smaller towns, instead of actually Durham or Chapel Hill? (Although Durham would have a few good deals under 200k in some of the northern and western parts.)
I say try Hillsborough and Pittsboro. Both are close to those universities (within reason) and much cheaper than the larger Triangle cities.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 AM

Thanks RaleighRob. I'll put those on my visitation list I wouldn't want to be smack in the middle of all the action but not too far from it either. In between would be perfect. Also need pet friendly neighborhood with a PetSmart nearby and your usual Costco, Home Depot, Walmart. Those are my favorites!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Thanks RaleighRob. I'll put those on my visitation list I wouldn't want to be smack in the middle of all the action but not too far from it either. In between would be perfect. Also need pet friendly neighborhood with a PetSmart nearby and your usual Costco, Home Depot, Walmart. Those are my favorites!
Well Raleigh and Durham are the only two with Costcos...the rest you'll find in both Hillsborough or Pittsboro easily.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 AM

BJ's? Sam's Club?? Walmart Super Centers will do too. How 'bout a Lowes?
You need these places for the daily home routine but I like your ocassional nice restaurants, shows, night out things. Fisherman's Wharf, South Beach only once in a blue moon.
I was trying to get into new homes websites for Pittsboro, Hillsborough, etc. areas but I keep getting stuff near Charlotte.
Does anybody have any good links? Thanks.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
BJ's? Sam's Club?? Walmart Super Centers will do too. How 'bout a Lowes?
You need these places for the daily home routine but I like your ocassional nice restaurants, shows, night out things. Fisherman's Wharf, South Beach only once in a blue moon.
I was trying to get into new homes websites for Pittsboro, Hillsborough, etc. areas but I keep getting stuff near Charlotte.
Does anybody have any good links? Thanks.
You'll find most of those stores yeah. Hillsborough and Pittsboro are both nice small towns with historic downtowns that'll have nice restaurants, cafes, etc. Durham and Chapel Hill are both close enough to enjoy their downtown restaurants, as well. (Durham has many that have won national gourmet awards.)

Weaver Street Realty is a good one that covers Chapel Hill/Carrboro and Pittsboro & Northern Chatham County areas. For Hillsborough, I've heard Gates Realty is one. Tony Hall & Associates does the entire area I think.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 AM

Thanks!! You are a wealth of good info. I appreciate the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary