U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 05:21 AM

155 posts, read 524,381 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when Carrboro is going to be doing trick or treating for Halloween? Is it actually going to be on Halloween?

Also... Being new in town, I'm not sure where would be the best place to go.

Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,151,892 times
It's always on Halloween in every town in the Triangle.

What part of Carrboro do you live in? Certainly some of the larger neighborhoods like Lake Hogan Farms have some great trick or treating.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:16 AM

I'm a couple blocks from Carrboro Elementary School.

Anything that would give us a lot of houses to hit in a short amount of time would be best... not sure how long the little ones can hang!

Thanks for your input!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 AM

11 posts, read 24,076 times
We used to live in downtown Carrboro and found the Oak-Ashe/Weaver-Shelton boundary to be pretty spotty, due to the high proportion of renters. If you go in this area, you'll want to be out on the early side. I would probably advise going somewhere else, like a subdivision, if you're looking for quality trick or treating.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:47 AM

Thanks martyhuggins! Can you recommend any good subdivisions to check out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyhuggins View Post
We used to live in downtown Carrboro and found the Oak-Ashe/Weaver-Shelton boundary to be pretty spotty, due to the high proportion of renters. If you go in this area, you'll want to be out on the early side. I would probably advise going somewhere else, like a subdivision, if you're looking for quality trick or treating.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 AM

7 posts, read 11,431 times
The Cedars and Bel Arbor are newer subdivisions close to downtown and very walkable.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,608,566 times
You can make a big haul in Wexford or Cates Farm area. The houses are closer together than Lake Hogan. It is a good idea to avoid places filled with renters. They usually don't participate even if they have small children.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! They are certainly going to help!

Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM

9,944 posts, read 10,229,360 times
I think Oak, Shelton, etc, would be fine. I don't think there are a lot of renters there any more. My kid goes to Carrboro Elementary and many of her classmates live in the neighborhood. Your own neighborhood may be fine. Are there kids in it? Usually we get a lot of participation in the CH/C area. I have a friend who lives in the Windwood neighborhood off Poplar and they always seem to have a lot of fun.

Weaver St is having their Halloween party this Friday if you want to check that out. It's usually pretty popular.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:37 PM

9,944 posts, read 10,229,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I think Oak, Shelton, etc, would be fine. I don't think there are a lot of renters there any more. My kid goes to Carrboro Elementary and many of her classmates live there.
Just wanted to clarify that I am referring to Oak, Shelton, Poplar, Lindsay, etc, and not Oak, Pine, Cheek. There are two different Oaks about 4 blocks from each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary