U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 AM

107 posts, read 200,242 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the opening of the Apex location was a bad business decision that took money away from the Cary location or a late attempt to help a struggling business. They took over a location of a place Le Mussels, I think started out as a French bistro that then changed to Le Muscles or something like that, a sports bar that was never crowded. Tyler's Taproom and Red Robin seemed established there already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 PM

2,492 posts, read 2,210,479 times
Geez we sure are reaching way out with the Detroit comparison. Bunker built yet?

Old 10-27-2013, 06:49 AM

828 posts, read 1,483,332 times
That is a shame. I used to work for the Trivia company that was in there on Tuesday nights and there was always a big crowd for that.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:46 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,292,358 times
We liked them, the wings were great and service terrific, but unfortunately we found woody's wings and well, hard to beat that!

Old 03-04-2014, 03:56 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,468,067 times
Well I don't know if this is good news or not (TBD), but it appears this place is open, and under new ownership:

Cary Corner Tavern & Grill - You've been good – go sit in the corner

I first saw it in a coupon clipper for Cary, so I looked it up. I liked to go there a few years ago. I think they were pretty good up until the time they opened a second place in Apex (actually a third place, but second one in the triangle).

I wish them luck, and hope they are another great addition to the Cary non-chain loving public.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM

112 posts, read 136,919 times
Good news. I drove by the other night (dropping off a package at the UPS store) and noticed an Open sign lighted up in the window. I figured that someone on C-D would have the scoop.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM

101 posts, read 203,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
I am pretty sure that as soon as Affordable Care Act goes into full swing people who work for a living wont have an extra penny to go out for dinner or drinks this will mean cities like Raleigh and Durham is going to soon look like Detroit.
Nope, try again. Obamacare Is Already Helping Boost Americans' Personal Incomes | ThinkProgress

(The above poster -- unless they were trying to make a bad joke that simply missed the mark -- pretty much represents what is wrong with North Carolina right now, by the way.)

Old 05-05-2014, 02:34 PM

613 posts, read 613,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
I am pretty sure that as soon as Affordable Care Act goes into full swing people who work for a living wont have an extra penny to go out for dinner or drinks this will mean cities like Raleigh and Durham is going to soon look like Detroit.

https://www.google.com/#q=restaurant...+in+Raleigh+nc

Maybe not that bad. But my premium went up so much I have not been out to eat in 2 months. I remember when I could, just.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 780 times
The grills are hot and the beers are cold! at The corner tavern cary. We are officially open under new owner ship Thank you for all your support! We can't wait to see your faces! Cheers!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 AM

1,841 posts, read 4,092,354 times
Too bad they closed-I could have worn my tin foil hat there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary