Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2006, 11:30 PM

54 posts, read 255,442 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any advice on Cary Park - good, bad or ugly?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 07:47 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
I have many friends who live in cary park and I think it all depends on what you like. My spouse and I looked at a house there, but for us, the homes were too close together. They are well built houses, they have great amenities and schools. Very nice location, but for us the neighborhood was too big and the homes were very big on small lots. We felt like we wanted more space, and in order to get that we had to decide to move out of cary. We ended up in wake forest, on a acre.

Honestly, I haven't heard people complain about cary park. I think some people (maybe just us locals!) feel like the houses are priced a little high.

Hope this helps
Leigh

Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 AM

Default Agreed...

I feel the same way that the homes are too close together - actually I feel that way about everything we see here in NC.

Thanks

Old 10-16-2006, 07:47 AM

Have you looked at houses in wake forest? There are certainly neighborhoods that have home close together (heritage and wakefield are the big ones), but most o the homes are on more land, have some trees and space between homes. We looked at a home in cary park and we were going to have it built in wake forest, of course, that didn't work out, but we ended up with a house on an acre, which is great for us. Yes, we have neighbors, but we cannot jump from our driveway to theirs!

Leigh

Old 10-17-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Other subdivisions?

Thanks for the info leigh

I only know of Heritage and Wakefield in Wake Forest - are their other subdivisions?

Thanks for your help

Old 10-17-2006, 05:22 PM

There are lots of new subdivisions in wake forest, but it all depends on your price point.

Kensington manor
Kenwood reserve
stonegate
thornrose
porto fino
bowling green
twin creeks at olde mill stream
kimmon place

Those are all in the 350-450 range

covington ridge
glenmoor
porto fino
kenwood reserve

are in the 450 - 550 range

There are more, most have trees, some more than others. I live in covington ridge, and we are on an acre. My sister lives in twin creeks and they are on 1/3 of an acre. If you have specifics, PM me or send me a private email and I will try and help you out.

Leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary