U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:54 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,293,411 times

Advertisements

I'm not affiliated with them whatsoever, my only interest here is to share an experience that I know many of us long for here in Cary - flavorful, unique eats! Yes we are lucky to have some (but not a ton) great restaurants in the area, but for the most part we are surrounded by chains and bland food, so it's important we support those local restaurants that really nail it, especially those that go out on a limb with their cuisine.

35 in Cary. Amazing. They have 2 menus, an American Chinese menu (spring rolls, general tso, lo mein etc) and a traditional Chinese. The dishes off of the traditional menu are out of this world. I'm bummed I didn't find this place earlier and have been suffering mediocre Asian cuisine. The cumin lamb may be one of the best dishes I've had here in the triangle hands down.

Thought I'd share for folks looking for an interesting diverse flavorful menu. They don't advertise, the menu is nowhere to be found online, they don't even have a website. The building is tough to see from the road. This is a hidden gem in Cary for sure, if someone didn't recommend it to me I would have never found out, passing on the love!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 AM

3,744 posts, read 9,440,682 times
We've been there many times and have had some wonderfully authentic and delicious meals. The problem is that it is not ALWAYS wonderful. We've raved to friends about the place in the past and when the 4 of us dined there, the food was totally forgettable.

We now prefer C & T Wok in Morrisville. Very authentic, also both American and Chinese menus and we've never been disappointed. I work with 2 Chinese physicians who turned me on to this place
C&T Wok Restaurant - Home

Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 AM

15,732 posts, read 23,966,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
, they don't even have a website. The building is tough to see from the road. This is a hidden gem in Cary for sure, if someone didn't recommend it to me I would have never found out, passing on the love!
Guess you're not gonna share where it is

Old 10-27-2013, 08:36 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,472,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
We've been there many times and have had some wonderfully authentic and delicious meals. The problem is that it is not ALWAYS wonderful. We've raved to friends about the place in the past and when the 4 of us dined there, the food was totally forgettable.
This has been my experience too. Been there twice, first time blew me away (and I came on CD and raved about it), second time was Meh. Cumin Lamb was a favorite, as was the Beef Tendon Hot Pot.

Not sure if it's still true, but Tapei 101 used to have a really good cumin Lamb, and Superwok has also served me some good (but again, not consistent) authentic meals. I've heard C&T Wok is good too, and there's a place in Ch Hill that I've been wanting to try, name escapes me. A few places in Durham, but can't remember either.

Twingles, it's on Kildaire Farm, not too far from Maynard. It's in a buidling that looks like a typical office building, with a parking garage around back. You really have to look for it. If you're heading north (toward DT Cary) it will be on the right. I'm sure you can google it, and find on Yelp, or Urban Spoon, or etc.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,293,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Guess you're not gonna share where it is
They do have a website actually where the address is located - it's Google

Now you know I'm not affiliated with them

Old 10-27-2013, 09:05 AM

8,264 posts, read 21,810,162 times
We realy enjoy it there too.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM

475 posts, read 1,398,453 times
I have been spoilt by the food at 35...the cheap chinese strip mall joints dont do it for me anymore. The 35 special fish fillet, the chicken hot pot, the yangchow fried rice - amazing!!! Their lunch menu is pretty good as well for a quick meal - $6.95 for the entree, soup and drink.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 PM

1,172 posts, read 1,722,986 times
"35 Chinese in Cary". Title sure fooled me. I was going to argue as I know there are more than 35 chinese in Cary until I read the OP. LOL

Old 10-27-2013, 02:57 PM

472 posts, read 769,944 times
I'm curious - how do you know if the food is authentic? Are you Chinese?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 PM

33 posts, read 117,541 times
CT Wok on Morrisville Carpenter and 54 is where I go for the authentic Szechuan Chinese food. My Chinese friends highly recommended this place, and it didn't disappoint. I didn't realize how different the authentic food is from typical Americanized-chinese food I have eaten elsewhere. The other day, when I was there for a takeout, someone (chinese) behind me in the line mentioned that they drove all the way from Chapel Hill to eat there.

I have never heard of 35 in Cary. Will try it next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary