U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 03:17 PM

472 posts, read 769,679 times

Advertisements

There's often some (almost) English writing on there too. You should be fine, even with limited literacy.

Last edited by CHwboy; 11-14-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 08:15 PM

4,034 posts, read 5,550,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHwboy View Post
There's often some (almost) English writing on there too. You should be fine, even with limited literacy.
OK, I was kidding. I'm actually fluent in Chinese. (still kidding) I'll just go in and ask for stinky tofu. Hopefully that's not being rude or anything. It worked for me in the SF area.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM

2,932 posts, read 6,713,975 times
Quote:
Man I haven't read stuff white people like in years:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I really hope you didn't tell them that. But thanks for the suggestion.
Lol! And I'm not even white haha!
I just gave my opinion...not trying to offend etc.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 AM

No problem at all. Both Taiwanese and Mainlanders agree that Taiwan is part of China. (It's called the "one china" policy). The other poster is misinformed.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:43 AM

4,034 posts, read 5,550,008 times
Quote:
No problem at all. Both Taiwanese and Mainlanders agree that Taiwan is part of China. (It's called the "one china" policy). The other poster is misinformed.
If anyone is interested in the topic they can start with Wikipedia's entry on "one china policy". There are many other better sources in English and Chinese that you can find with a quick search.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:14 PM

Wait - how do you know if the sources are better if you can't read Chinese?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:26 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,468,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post

I also enjoy CT Wok, but boy do they make their food spicy...authentic to the style of cooking they offer though.
Tried CT WOK tonight. Yum

The dumplings were clearly made in house, and really good. We got some Thai Noodle dish with the big wide noodles. It was pretty "normal" (for Thai food), but very good. and We got Crispy Fried Beef which was unique, and delicious. The latter was pretty spicy, but not too much (we both like a lot of spice).

I will definitely go back there. I'd like to go back with someone who will eat "anything", there are a lot of unique things to try. For those that care, their health score was only 90.0. Doesn't bother me, but that's pretty low.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 PM

828 posts, read 1,483,332 times
The hubs and I went out to 35 Chinese over the summer when the kids were away at their cousins. I asked for "the best duck dish" - and she recommended "Duck in garlic sauce" I'm not a big garlic fan so I asked for the "next best one" I got some kind of duck in FLAMING HOT CHILI sauce. You could see all the chopped chilli's on the plate! And the duck was just cut into chunks, bone and all. I had to pick up each smallish peice and gnaw on the meat, there was probably a teaspoon of meat total in the whole dish, not that I could really tell at that point, because my lips were on fire!!!
So it was a bust of a dish And my husband didn't get the dish he ordered either - so I guess it is hit or miss there. We will try that Morrisville location. We really miss a good sit down Chinese restaurant. There was one in Garner that we used to go to all the time, in fact, we had a tradition of driving there on Xmas Eve, and last year we trekked out there and it had changed hands and was now some type of Mediterannean restaurant! In Toms River, NJ we had lots of nice sit down restaurants.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 PM

1,172 posts, read 1,722,060 times
Peking Garden is a really good sit down Chinese Restaurant. Owner Cody is great. If you want something special just ask him. 126 E Millbrook Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 848-4663

Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM

That duck dish sounds pretty authentic to me. Maybe you just don't like Chinese food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary