U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
2,040 posts, read 2,500,426 times
Reputation: 675

Advertisements

Thank you very much.

I am intrigued by Sunset Oaks. I know of the builder - Johns Wieland - and love the style of houses. Amenities - 6 pools, 6 tennis courts - look plentiful. Housing prices seem reasonable.

Am I missing something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:16 PM
 
Location: My House
33,058 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Thank you very much.

I am intrigued by Sunset Oaks. I know of the builder - Johns Wieland - and love the style of houses. Amenities - 6 pools, 6 tennis courts - look plentiful. Housing prices seem reasonable.

Am I missing something?
Other than the fact that John Wieland is building the homes? I'm not a fan of Wieland.

Sunset Oaks... was there not someone last month talking about a 540 route that might (but probably will not) cut through there? I forget.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
2,040 posts, read 2,500,426 times
Reputation: 675
Ahh... that's worriesome (540) cutting through. Is there a map of the proposed route? What is the timeframe?

Meh, why don't you like Wieland homes? Quality? I think they are beautiful.

We've put together a short list to visit. Thank you all for the suggestions. Any inside info or opinions appreciated.

Holly Springs -
Sunset Oaks
Sunset Ridge
Windward Pointe

Cary -
Devereaux
West Park
Brookstone
Carpenter Village
Park Village

Apex -
Shepherd's Vineyard
Scott's Mill
Braxton Village
Charleston Village

Thanks again to everyone who provided suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 PM
 
Location: My House
33,058 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Ahh... that's worriesome (540) cutting through. Is there a map of the proposed route? What is the timeframe?

Meh, why don't you like Wieland homes? Quality? I think they are beautiful.

We've put together a short list to visit. Thank you all for the suggestions. Any inside info or opinions appreciated.

Holly Springs -
Sunset Oaks
Sunset Ridge
Windward Pointe

Cary -
Devereaux
West Park
Brookstone
Carpenter Village
Park Village

Apex -
Shepherd's Vineyard
Scott's Mill
Braxton Village
Charleston Village

Thanks again to everyone who provided suggestions.
They price themselves similarly to many of the custom builders in the area and their finish looks cheap in comparison. That's really my issue. If they sold less expensive homes than the higher-end custom folks, I would say they're just fine.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant
2,040 posts, read 2,500,426 times
Reputation: 675
OK, thanks for clarifying.

Most concerned now about 540's impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:38 PM
 
Location: My House
33,058 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
OK, thanks for clarifying.

Most concerned now about 540's impact.
My educated guess would be that 540 won't pass through there. But, it is worth mentioning since you're not from around here.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top