Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,254 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
I will soon be relocating to NC for grad school at Campbell in January. I am looking at two apartments and was looking for some advice on they commute and the areas in general. One apartment is located off N Main Street in fuquay-varina, the other off of S Main Street in Holly Springs. There is a difference of 5 miles, 5/10 minutes between the two commutes, but I was wondering what traffic would be like coming from these areas heading towards Campbell U in Lillington around 7am, and what about the reverse commute around 5/6 pm?

Also what do these two towns have to offer? I would like to be close to grocery stores, restaurants, and fun things to do.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 02:19 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,150 times
Yes, you'd save about 10 minutes each way coming from F-V. Not sure about traffic, can't imagine it would be much of a factor. You might hit some coming through downtown Fuquay, if you are coming from Holly Springs.

Both towns have 4 or 5 major grocery stores so that is not going to be an issue. Holly Springs has a brand new shopping complex with a Target, Buffalo Wild Wings, Olive Garden and several smaller restaurants. Fuquay has a Kohls, Appleby's, Ruby Tuesday. Both towns have a few very good smaller restaurants if you want Mexican, Italian, pizza, BBQ, burgers.

HS and F-V are more geared towards families but you will find a few decent entertainment options. HS has MyWay Tavern, a really good sports bar with great food, and Niche Wine Lounge - fun place but perhaps an older crowd. F-V has the three Aviator locations - Smokehouse, Tap House, and the brewery itself. Also a decent pool hall, a video gaming lounge, and the newly opened Hossanna brewery. You will have multiple options for live music on weekends and also sometimes during the week. Both towns are several really good festivals. But your best optiosn for entertainment will be in downtown Raleigh - around 20 minutes from the F-V apartment and maybe 30 minutes from the one in Holly Springs.

I assume you are looking at Village at Marquee Station in F-V and and maybe Pecan Grove in HS? I have toured both of these so let us know if you want more info on these also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary