Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 06:43 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
As the poster who started this thread, I vote we go back to talking about Costco! Is Costco toilet paper the best? Yay or nay?
Does Costco even have store brands?

I'm hoping the carry Mexican Coke. BJs was stocking it for a couple of years but they just stopped. It's available lots of places now, but only single bottles at much higher prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 AM

21 posts, read 28,048 times
Costco's store brand is called Kirkland. They do carry Mexican coke. I think that it is in 30 pack or is it a case(24). Can't remember. I miss the fountain Mexican coke they had in the cafe.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:33 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
As dougb225 said, the store brand is Kirkland. I've fed my dogs Kirkland dog food for at least 15 years now, and I've had really good results lately with the Sweet Potato & Turkey, and also Sweet Potato & Salmon. Around $32 for 35 lbs. They also have really nice large round dog beds for $28. For me, I get the Costco toilet paper, paper towels, H/E laundry detergent, dishwasher pods, and fabric softener sheets. I also buy glasses, contact lenses, clothing and other things I had no idea I needed until I saw them. ;-)

In my case, it's probably better that the Apex location opens later rather than sooner! That said, the last time I drove by was on Friday and people were working in the rain. I believe the roof is complete, and there were large lights inside the building.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:18 AM

725 posts, read 1,499,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I'm hoping the carry Mexican Coke. BJs was stocking it for a couple of years but they just stopped. It's available lots of places now, but only single bottles at much higher prices.
I am pretty sure I saw it at BJs last night (Cary store) but it wasn't in the aisle where they have cases of soda and water. It was over closer to the candy aisle (2 or 3 back aisles back). You may want to call first but I am pretty sure.

Last edited by boardmember10000; 10-06-2015 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling

Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 AM

I'll have to check. Unfortunately, the Cary store doesn't carry a few things we buy that are at Brier Creek so I'm not there that often. When they stopped carrying it a few weeks back, I did ask the people at the desk at both stores and they said it was discontinued. Then again, like any other grocery warehouse store. You have to first figure whether they even know what you are asking about, then they may or may not actually care enough to really check.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:29 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Does Costco even have store brands?

OMG, I misread that. I thought you wanted to buy Mexican Coke, BJ's and and Stockings at Costco. hahahahaha.

I see the question was answered. About the Kirkland brand. Most of it I really like. Oddly, their coffee beans are roasted by Starbucks. I hate Starbucks, but love the Kirkland Beans.

About the TP: I've heard from so many people how awesome it is that I bought 30 rolls, or however many come in a mega-brick. It was not bad, but nowhere close to Charmin Ultra. I secretly replaced it in my house (even hid the Kirkland packaging in my car) and IMMEDIATETLY got called out. Bummer (no pun intended). Now I have 29.5 rolls I have to give away for Christmas presents and stocking stuffers.....

All in all, I think most of their house-brand stuff is really good quality. Another really good product at a good price is their plain Chevre (goat cheese). YUM!

Old 10-06-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
OMG, I misread that. I thought you wanted to buy Mexican Coke, BJ's and and Stockings at Costco. hahahahaha.

Yeah, had a big weekend planned.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:10 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
As the poster who started this thread, I vote we go back to talking about Costco! Is Costco toilet paper the best? Yay or nay?
I'm very loyal to Costco, but always get my toilet paper at Sam's. Their Member's Mark Ultra Premium Toilet Tissue is like heaven to touch.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:22 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,924,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
Hey! I know discussion on this has gone back and forth but can someone comment on when it will open??? March seems a long time away.

https://twitter.com/ChathamParkNC/st...22895535157249

Old 10-07-2015, 12:34 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
it has been stated in one of the earlier posts, but the date keeps changing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary