U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:31 AM

618 posts, read 873,138 times
Is there some kind of bad restaurant portal over there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 06:47 AM

13 posts, read 19,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncto... View Post
Is it legal for them to cover up the score like that?
Nope, (15A NCAC 18A .2660 PUBLIC DISPLAY OF GRADE CARDS )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere900 View Post
Just an FYI. Walked in tonight and they have the "8" covered with the tail of a red bow. While waiting to be seated my husband decided to move the bow and saw the entire 86.5-B grade.
Man, that sounds very deliberate and VERY shady. Honestly, if that is truly how the sign was displayed, i think you should call our local Food/Sanitation Department and tell them the time and date you visited and explain that the score was obstructed and not visible. Those scores can't be inconspicuous ( DPH: Environmental Health Section: Rules [15A NCAC 18A .2660 PUBLIC DISPLAY OF GRADE CARDS] ), and the score cards are placed where they are by the regulatory authorities/inspectors. Plus its our right to know the score.

The score and violations aren't a big surprise considering when the inspector came, there wasn't even anybody in charge on the premises with any food safety manager education (or proof thereof). That is pretty bad for a place that serves food to have nobody there that is properly trained on food safety. Just look at #18/20/31... All those time/temperature sensitive foods being held at temperatures that are ideal for bacteria growth (MEAT SAUCE 94'F) (Raw Chicken 51'F in top of 3rd Refrigerator) yikes, do not want .

Thanks OP for posting this info
Please do call and report this if that was truly the case.

Food, Institution, & Sanitation:
Director:
Andre Pierce
919-856-7400

Office Hours
Monday–Friday
8:30 a.m.–5:15 p.m.​

Last edited by craigslistweirdo; 12-06-2013 at 06:55 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 AM

3,401 posts, read 5,862,811 times
Wow, that's a pretty bad report! Usually the violations on these reports seem pretty minor and/or nitpicky, but not in this case! Ugh!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 AM

3,173 posts, read 5,562,703 times
I sense that there will be an upcoming empty building there soon.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 AM

89 posts, read 114,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslistweirdo View Post
Nope, (15A NCAC 18A .2660 PUBLIC DISPLAY OF GRADE CARDS )

Man, that sounds very deliberate and VERY shady. Honestly, if that is truly how the sign was displayed, i think you should call our local Food/Sanitation Department and tell them the time and date you visited and explain that the score was obstructed and not visible. Those scores can't be inconspicuous ( DPH: Environmental Health Section: Rules [15A NCAC 18A .2660 PUBLIC DISPLAY OF GRADE CARDS] ), and the score cards are placed where they are by the regulatory authorities/inspectors. Plus its our right to know the score.

The score and violations aren't a big surprise considering when the inspector came, there wasn't even anybody in charge on the premises with any food safety manager education (or proof thereof). That is pretty bad for a place that serves food to have nobody there that is properly trained on food safety. Just look at #18/20/31... All those time/temperature sensitive foods being held at temperatures that are ideal for bacteria growth (MEAT SAUCE 94'F) (Raw Chicken 51'F in top of 3rd Refrigerator) yikes, do not want .

Thanks OP for posting this info
Please do call and report this if that was truly the case.

Food, Institution, & Sanitation:
Director:
Andre Pierce
919-856-7400

Office Hours
Monday–Friday
8:30 a.m.–5:15 p.m.​

Thanks! I just called the above number and reported it. The secretary asked me when I went and what time. She asked how it was covered and if I reported it to a manager. She said that she was going to have someone go out there and take a look. They will call me back if they have questions.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:05 AM

12,147 posts, read 7,295,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
Is there some kind of bad restaurant portal over there?
I wondered that, too.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:12 AM
T|K

770 posts, read 1,222,496 times
Their food was never good anyways.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:34 AM

8,112 posts, read 11,103,225 times
Quote:
Disgusting!!
Quote:
Thanks! I just called the above number and reported it.
You're using up all the ink on my screen. Can you please be more selective in your quoting? Thanks.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 PM

2,335 posts, read 2,630,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I agree. Our nickname for it is Johnny Crapino's!
Fitting name

We went out there one night, and the waiter brought my martini in the cocktail glass. They didn't understand why I sent it back.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,828,136 times
In addition to a scary sanitation rating, Johnny Carino's has the ABSOLUTE WORST Italian food I've ever had. Went once when we first moved here. Never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary