Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 02:43 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times

Advertisements

I was cancelled by Amica after 20 years and 2 issues with shower leaks.

I have Farm Bureau and am very happy with them. I've had many clients use Farm Bureau and Erie and are very happy with them.

With Amica, you do not have your own agent but with Farm Bureau, you do. So...if there are any issues (like them trying to cancel you), you have an agent that may be able to go to bat for you.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 02:53 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,162 times
Erie here too. Aggressive rates, enhanced coverage policies, very good claims support.

We have auto(s), home and an umbrella policy with them.

Frank

Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM

663 posts, read 1,619,431 times
Wow so many responses . So for erie and amica I can just call them directly?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 PM

91 posts, read 206,226 times
Using Liberty Mutual right now, formerly with State Farm but left after a loooong time due to constant and inexplicable rate hikes. Liberty is considerable cheaper even after adding a teen driver.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:53 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
After being with Nationwide for over 15 years until they screwed me over, I switched to Erie last year and they have been great and very reasonable price wise. I also highly recommend Barefoot & Young...they got me better home/auto coverage with Erie for less than what I was paying Nationwide despite all of their discounts.

Barefoot & Young Insurance Group

Old 12-13-2013, 02:35 AM

63 posts, read 125,647 times
Default Insurance

Hi. Dont rule out Geico as a quote. We have them for both and are very happy as its competitive.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:51 AM

138 posts, read 256,769 times
We use Erie for Insurance as well. We have a handful of packages through them- and are very happy with cost/coverage/willingness to pay out as necessary.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:50 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
I'm not so much interested in which is the cheapest company. I'm more interested in who takes care of me when I have a claim or a problem. And so far, USAA has had my business since the early 80's. The rates have not been the lowest, but they've always been competitive. Including last year when we purchased our house in Raleigh and sent the entire package out for 3 competitive bids (Amica, Liberty Mutual and Farm Bureau (who never responded to my request for a quote, even after several phone calls).

That said, as we come up for renewal, I'll be reviewing this again. So - who can recommend a company based on the service they received WHEN they filed a claim?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM

138 posts, read 256,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm not so much interested in which is the cheapest company. I'm more interested in who takes care of me when I have a claim or a problem. And so far, USAA has had my business since the early 80's. The rates have not been the lowest, but they've always been competitive. Including last year when we purchased our house in Raleigh and sent the entire package out for 3 competitive bids (Amica, Liberty Mutual and Farm Bureau (who never responded to my request for a quote, even after several phone calls).

That said, as we come up for renewal, I'll be reviewing this again. So - who can recommend a company based on the service they received WHEN they filed a claim?
You are 100% correct, as "cheap" insurance is NOT helpful if it won't {easily} pay out a claim.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:16 AM

37 posts, read 75,071 times
I have Erie now, but have yet to ever submit a claim.

We had Allstate before in a different state. Would NOT recommend Allstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary