Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM

54 posts, read 86,315 times

Advertisements

It's not so much the vague dates that concerns us as the fact that we will be without our belongings for "4-7 days." It is 600 miles, 10-12 hours...why isn't there some company out there that can dedicate a moving team for 2 days to move us and drive back the next day?????????? There has to be some company that does it...my quest continues!

BTW...I left a message with TROSA on Tuesday and they haven't called back. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, based on feedback from here and will call them tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 05:15 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,427,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledname View Post
It's not so much the vague dates that concerns us as the fact that we will be without our belongings for "4-7 days." It is 600 miles, 10-12 hours...why isn't there some company out there that can dedicate a moving team for 2 days to move us and drive back the next day?????????? There has to be some company that does it...my quest continues!

BTW...I left a message with TROSA on Tuesday and they haven't called back. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, based on feedback from here and will call them tomorrow.
It can sometimes take a day or two to get in touch with TROSA. If I remember right when I used them for my move, after I submitted an online request I got a response back a day or two later. As others have said, they are an excellent company. I used them twice - once for our move from an apartment to our house and once to unload a pair of PODS units. We've also given thought to using their lawn service - simply an excellent group of people. Both crews were highly professional, treated our belongings with care and respect, and went above and beyond. If they can do a move for you, you really can't go wrong with using them.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 PM

556 posts, read 946,299 times
TROSA does out of state moves. Depending on the size of the move, they may not accept your job unless they can combine the trip with another move to/from a city along the I-95 corridor. I hired them for a local move a few years ago, and can't say enough good things about the crew - they were prompt, polite, careful with my things, and worked quickly. I just moved out of state this summer, and hope to hire them again. Unfortunately, my move wasn't large enough for them to drive up the coast for me alone, and they said they would only move me if they could combined with another move.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:23 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,655 times
Movin' on Movers also does out of state moves - we used them in-state and they were great.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,611 times
Now we have decided to get quotes for state to state moving. Ugh, so the two we have talked to so far could not nail down specific dates. They can give us a 3 day window. A bit hard when you have a 4 yr old and a dog. Will keep searching...

Old 12-16-2013, 08:29 PM

54 posts, read 86,315 times
Seems we are underestimating the gravity of our move. Day to load...day to drive...day to unload. Another day for movers to pack if we have them do that. Could maybe shave a day if we drive ourselves overnight...but I am getting to old for that . It is what it is.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:50 AM

I hear ya ledname. I feel the same. I am too old to be doing this with a four year old and dog. Still debaiting if we are going to pack a uhaul and do it ourselves or use a moving company. Pros and cons to both. Best of luck you.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
My advice is to start packing things you do not need.
And give away & sell what you don't want now..

I just moved and the last few things that I thought would take
no time added up to much more than I expected...

Are any of the pod things an option..That is their
specialty..They deliver pod , you load in your time frame , they deliver
the loaded pod when & where you want it..
You could hire people to load & unload it..

Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 AM

My husband has already started packing. I have been going through clothes and toys for charity. Red cross called yesterday. We are on a donation list because we clear things out at least once a year. We have moved 4 times in 2 years so we are always putting items on craigslist or donating.
We thought about the pod but we dont really have help loading and unloading and we have to drive up anyways. We might as well drive it up ourselves. Movers in theory sounds great but it comes down to cost and timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post

Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 PM

37 posts, read 75,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post

This^^^

We've used ABF a couple of times now, consistent, professional, on time.
Would recommend them with NO reservations. They are a pod/trailer company. If you have a lot of stuff, the trailer option is the better one by far IMO.

It may be cheaper to find somebody to load/unload rather than use their guys. Transport is cheap, loading/unloading is pricey IMO.

Heard great things about Trosa from people that have used them, but never used them ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary