Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna02 View Post
I am a single mother of three children who is looking to relocate to North Carolina and I am wondering what a good area would be. I would like an area where my children could be at peace and enjoy activities but also good schools. I am a medical assistant and would need employment and housing as soon as I move so I would also like to know what job/housing resources exist and how to go about that.
Not sure why you've posted on this thread, but you may want to try the search function. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts on relocating to North Carolina, public schools, job/housing resources, you name it.

Have a job lined up before you pack up the kids. I know this is not easy to do as employers are often reluctant to hire folks from out of town . You may want to check with the temporary employment agencies to see if they regularly staff any Medical Assistant jobs. Indeed.com lists a number of Medical Assistant positions, but those listings can be unreliable.

Save up as much as you possibly can before making a move because if things don't work out, you'll be in a pickle as North Carolina does not seem to have a lot of services for the less fortunate. For example, NC opted out of expanding Medicaid to include low income adults. I have met a number of people who have not had any medical insurance for years.

By the way, your children can be secure and at peace in any number of places. However, you're the one who will need to make it happen.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 11:33 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
IMO, the must see is "A Christmas Carol" performed by Theater in the Park by Ira David Wood. It plays at both Memorial in Raleigh and DPAC on Durham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary